Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Beavermeadow

RVF Regular
I am new here. We will be staying in our RV over the winter. I need some advice on how to use the battery. The electric outlets inside work only when hooked up the generator. I was told need an inverter to use the battery. What inverter should I get and how do I hook it up? Where should I store the battery should it be kept in a warm place. (Battery- suncatcher 100amps 12 volt deepcycle) we need to use a CPAP advice overnight. (80 watts) how how long would this battery last using this device? Thank you, Beverly ... Suffolk county NY

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211103-202619.png
    Screenshot_20211103-202619.png
    446 KB · Views: 7
Welcome, is the generator your only other source of shore power? Are the CPAP machines the only 120 VAC loads you intend to run at night?
More information about your RV and camping arrangements may help others help you.

In general, to use the battery for your CPAP you have to convert the 12VDC to 120VAC, that would be what an inverter does. The battery won't stay charged forever, so you have to also replenish the power you use with a battery charger. This charger would need to run off the generator or some other shore power option (campground power/ solar charging system). You are correct in your statement that the battery should be kept warm and dry.

best of luck

Good morning. If your CPAP is the only thing you need the inverter for, consider getting something like a Bluetti self contained power supply. I’ll put a link up but there are also many competitors. Depending on the size you get you can run you CPAP for days or longer. Charge it up during the day with an hour or two of generator run time. You don’t need the dollar option if you are going to be charging by generator. Solar is cool though.

Cheers.

Latest resources

Back