Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

fireball26

RVF Newbee
HI all i have a 1983 fleetwood and i need to get it started can i do that with 1 battery, it had 3batterys, i have 1, one cable is on right side of solenoid from + on old battery

HI all i have a 1983 fleetwood and i need to get it started can i do that with 1 battery, it had 3batterys, i have 1, one cable is on right side of solenoid from + on old battery
Fireball,
I'm afraid there is not enough info for someone to help you. But basically, if you don't have enough battery power (1 vs 3 batteries) you may burn the starter $$$ if your voltage is not adequate to supply enough power to turn over the engine. Just guessing?

Fireball,
I'm afraid there is not enough info for someone to help you. But basically, if you don't have enough battery power (1 vs 3 batteries) you may burn the starter $$$ if your voltage is not adequate to supply enough power to turn over the engine. Just guessing?
i put 2 batterys in but all i get is headlights no dash no turnsig and will not turn eng

Gas 12 volt system, one battery. look for and follow cable from the starter and starter solenoid for right cable to connect to battery. a dirty shirt is part of the job.

I’m thinking that 2 of the 3 batteries are house batteries and one is chassis. I had a 1992 Fleetwood and that was the setup.

I’m thinking that 2 of the 3 batteries are house batteries and one is chassis. I had a 1992 Fleetwood and that was the setup.
that is standard in most gas rigs

Latest resources

Back