• Commercial/Vendors welcome

New Interior Renovations

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
That is a seriously awesome transformation, dude. Great decisions, and great work. It appears to be doggie approved as well.

BTW, there's several of us will be happy to help you pull the top off that Gentleman Jack! :) Just sayin. . .
Lets all meet at the new campground that dude is building in NC and we'll open the Gentleman Jack there to celebrate!! :cool:

Money very well spent I’d say, your coach looks fantastic with the upgrades. Can you tell us more about the flooring you used? What do you think the labor was for that? Are Vantana LE has a vinyl flooring that’s getting dinged up pretty quick, in the next year or so would like to move to a better flooring productIf I can find someone to do it reasonably.
The owner of Classic Coach Works (www.classiccoachworks.com) said they've been using this luxury vinyl flooring product for about 12 years with great results. We wanted the tile look but they have it in the hardwood floor look as well. He says that the chassis flexes so much especially if you go boondocking or up in the mountains that he doesn't recommend ceramic tile at all. Too many people are disappointed when it starts to crack. He works on THOUSANDS of Class A coaches so I took his recommendation.

Our coach is 40'. We went tile front to back. We carpeted the engine cover in the bedroom and left the carpet on the drivers side slide out due to the way it humps up over the side of the coach and then drops down to be level with the floor. We chose their most expensive line of carpet. It's basically guaranteed forever against fading. I also had him use carpet for the stair well cover so my wife's feet would be on carpet and not tile as we ride down the road so her feet wouldn't get cold. ;)

The tile floor was $7,000. The carpet was $1550. The stair well was an extra $715 but I think the stair well made the biggest difference in the look of the coach. AND it's the first thing you see when you open the door. The charge to repair the subfloor from a previous water leak was $400. The floor was buckled up a bit but the leak had been repaired by the previous owner and it was dry through and through when he took it apart. That was good news!

Overall I'm very happy with the whole thing. It wasn't cheap but Classic Coach Works does a very high quality level of work. They really know what they are doing. ?

@"EZ" Did Classic Coach Works recover your Captain's Chairs? if so what material was used and if you don't mind I would love to know the cost. I'm currently shopping to have mine recovered and so far the quote I have may be the I really don't want this job price.

@"EZ" Did Classic Coach Works recover your Captain's Chairs? if so what material was used and if you don't mind I would love to know the cost. I'm currently shopping to have mine recovered and so far the quote I have may be the I really don't want this job price.
The captain's chairs were $1300 each. This included rebuilding the chairs with closed cell foam and covering with ultra leather that would match the floors. I was talking with a couple other guys on IRV2 forum and they said their local upholstery place wanted about $1500 per chair so I felt like we got a fair deal. To me it was an expensive price but apparently that's the going rate.

Hope this helps!

The captain's chairs were $1300 each. This included rebuilding the chairs with closed cell foam and covering with ultra leather that would match the floors. I was talking with a couple other guys on IRV2 forum and they said their local upholstery place wanted about $1500 per chair so I felt like we got a fair deal. To me it was an expensive price but apparently that's the going rate.

Hope this helps!
Yea, I was quoted the same. We decided to do it ourselves even though we had really never done it before. YouTube is a great learning tool. The price savings makes the imperfections tolerable.

Attachments

• 0F86B293-4E8D-48DE-B91D-2E425594BB6B.jpeg
    0F86B293-4E8D-48DE-B91D-2E425594BB6B.jpeg
    808.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 59C53542-5633-4EBB-A08B-44215CBE232D.jpeg
    59C53542-5633-4EBB-A08B-44215CBE232D.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 30
Yea, I was quoted the same. We decided to do it ourselves even though we had really never done it before. YouTube is a great learning tool. The price savings makes the imperfections tolerable.
ANYTHING would look better than that first picture!!! I think you did pretty well. :D (y)

Holy crap.

Here's what my captains chairs look like now. Mine weren't in bad shape like yours, mine just hurt to sit on for more than 2 hours. The closed cell foam helps.

Attachments

• IMG_1325.jpg
    IMG_1325.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1324.jpg
    IMG_1324.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 36
those look good

Latest resources

Back