• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Chasing Daylight

RVF Newbee
Fulltimer
No
Hello all! We always daydreamed about someday doing RV travel but had been focused on more international travel and scuba trips the last few years, but with Covid interfering with all those plans this year we decided to fly to Seattle, rent a Class C, and drive it down the coast of Washington, Oregon and Northern California, flying home from San Francisco 12 nights later. We enjoyed ourselves more than we could have even imagined (and that's even with some challenges along the way including a temperamental furnace and a slight altercation with the side of a mountain in Big Sur...no major damage but my DH realized he'd gotten a bit cocky with the 3 point turns in tight spaces) and now we're eager to get our own rig and start exploring more of the lower 48 in earnest. We're probably going to start with a small towable as we already have a Yukon XL with decent towing capacity, although I think down the road eventually we'd like a drivable with a tow behind. We own our own business which gives us some flexibility but it's not at a place where we can take off for more than 2 weeks at a time but we can do lots of long weekends. Anyway, happy to be here!

Welcome from Ringgold, Georgia! I work for a company in Norcross. (N.E. Atlanta to everyone not from here)

Welcome from Ringgold, Georgia! I work for a company in Norcross. (N.E. Atlanta to everyone not from here)
Thanks!!! We're not far from Norcross, that's quite a commute for you! We envision towing a jeep if we ever get something drivable. We are looking to possibly sell a vintage one we have now (1975), it's not very practical LOL.

Thanks!!! We're not far from Norcross, that's quite a commute for you! We envision towing a jeep if we ever get something drivable. We are looking to possibly sell a vintage one we have now (1975), it's not very practical LOL.
I sell Ram Commercial Chassis all over the South to the Ram dealers. Norcross is where we keep them and where we put the bodies on them. I only have to go there occasionally. So, it doesn't matter where I live. I have customers in Nashville, Birmingham, Chattanooga, Atlanta, South Carolina, North Carolina, Middle and South GA, and Florida!! Atlanta is my least favorite place due to the traffic. I just couldn't live there. I told my boss when I was interviewing for the job that would be a deal breaker. :LOL:

Welcome @Chasing Daylight to the RVFORUMS, glad you found the group as you start your new adventure.

Welcome to the forum. I’m an X resident. I use to live in Stone Mtn when Memorial drive was a 2 lane country road. My family is still around and have just moved to Cartersville. There are a lot places to see in north west ga, south east TN, and south west NC. Have fun.....

Latest resources

Back