Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Muttpuddles

RVF Newbee
BOLO- Be on the lookout for a new 2020 Dutchmen Astoria 2993RLF, stolen from the Lock-Box Storage in Mount Juliet, TN. This occurred on Friday night, 4/11/21 at 8:58 pm, by a man of short stature wearing a mask, who got out of his dark pickup to enter the code into the lockbox entry pad. He drove around the other vehicles of all kinds in the lot for about an hour, then chose ours to steal. He re-entered the code to leave the fenced area again. The lighting was too bad to see the truck's license plate. We were planning our first trip, and I went over to put some bedding and personal belongings in it when I found it was gone. We had put a new mattress in it the night before. I am sick over this! The police are working with the storage owner/manager, but have not given me any information, nor had anyone contact me. I know there are bad people out there, and bad things happen, but this! My husband had the new license plates for it in the truck, and we're glad he did, because the registration had the VIN number on it and all our financing paperwork and manuals were in the trailer.

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 25
  • image000001.jpg
    image000001.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I'm very sorry to hear this. I hope this thief is found and things improve for you in this sad situation.

IF you haven't done so, you should post this on FACEBOOK. That is 1 thing that is good about it. Many race cars and collector cars have been located because of people sharing things like this nation wide quickly.

Also send a message to rvtravel.com on this theft! They cover stolen RV's in their weekly newsletter.

Secure storage (keypad) locations are not really secure. Someone's brother's neighbor's coursin's wife's brother-in-law could have "borrowed" their code at one time so it doesn't matter if everyone has a different code or not. It may still be hard for the facility or cops to nail down. My guess is you fiver either will be set up on a remote property in TN or KY and never be located.

I have taken a photo of your photo and will certainly keep an eye out. Thank goodness for insurance. Also, keep an eye on all of your accounts and financials since the scumbag got all of those contracts and financial papers.

Sorry to hear about this. What a low life. Having the code means it could be a person who has stored there of knows someone that does. The police will sometimes check local gas station videos for a similar vehicle and person on tape there. Maybe they filled up the truck local before steeling your rig.
We hope you get some answers soon.
Ken

IF you haven't done so, you should post this on FACEBOOK. That is 1 thing that is good about it. Many race cars and collector cars have been located because of people sharing things like this nation wide quickly.
Hello, we did post on Facebook. Apparently, there is a super-secret investigative sting going on, so we are getting no information whatsoever from the police or a detective. I just can't stand this violated, sick feeling in my stomach that won't go away. We aren't supposed to post anything else about it. I feel like I have to do something!

Secure storage (keypad) locations are not really secure. Someone's brother's neighbor's coursin's wife's brother-in-law could have "borrowed" their code at one time so it doesn't matter if everyone has a different code or not. It may still be hard for the facility or cops to nail down. My guess is you fiver either will be set up on a remote property in TN or KY and never be located.

I have taken a photo of your photo and will certainly keep an eye out. Thank goodness for insurance. Also, keep an eye on all of your accounts and financials since the scumbag got all of those contracts and financial papers.
Will do, Joe. Thanks for the information.

Latest resources

Back