Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

John E. Carter

RVF Newbee
Hi to all: My wife Elinor and I moved on from a 2016 Unity to a 2018 Newmar New Aire 3343 18 months ago, and we love this new (to us) coach in all regards. It has been a learning curve and most issues arising have been minor……Oasis required a new solenoid, and it was tricky to change, and then understanding the quirky electrical system and Wi-Fi Ranger set up definitely challenged our limited IT skills, but a few phone calls and we have been able to resolve all issues arising……..until today!!
Parked at home and getting a good wash and wax all this weekend, I now cannot retract the two front wall slides….breakers are good, key isn’t near ignition, (which is off…)..jacks are up and coach is aired up…..
I haven’t found the controllers as yet so have no idea if they are functioning….but what’s weird is the bedroom slide works, and the left and right front slides won’t move…..they failed simultaneously……and I am sure I am missing something simple…….
Any help would be most appreciated and I look forward to sharing my New Aire experience going forward…….

Regards John

Welcome aboard!

When you checked your breakers, did that include 12v breakers? Since both stopped at the same time it seems more likely a power supply issue than controller problem.

First pic is a slide controller but I think its the rear. Look for two together, maybe behind the plexiglass panel in the 2nd pic.
0781750C-52B9-4548-B8DE-B439B22E55CB.jpeg11536C29-3401-41F0-9D10-9BB069FCD75C.jpeg

When you checked your breakers, did that include 12v breakers? Since both stopped at the same time it seems more likely a power supply issue than controller problem.

First pic is a slide controller but I think its the rear. Look for two together, maybe behind the plexiglass panel in the 2nd pic.
View attachment 17415View attachment 17416

Thanks so much for this really helpful response.......I have learned a great deal about how these slides operate in the past 24 hours....That black module in your picture is definitely the bedroom slide controller and that flashing 11 is exactly right. I called Newmar fist thing this morning and like you they dismissed the controllers as too much of a coincidence and so they focused in on chassis battery status (all good) relevant fuses in the basement bay drivers side in front of wheel. In particular top fuse third row from left and bottom fuse fourth row from left...(all good but they explained one may have been loose....but I don't think so) then they had me cycle the levelling system with the engine running, then retract and turn the engine off....after the coach is back up on the air suspension.........Then we tried the two front slides and they worked perfectly! I am unsure what we did to correct the fault and Newmar couldn't be sure either and so I will add this procedure to my short list of quirky fixes if it ever happens again........I never confirmed the location of the controllers two hydraulic forward slides, but I think they are behind the clear guarding that you depicted on the passenger side.........what really surprised me was that Newmar dismissed the fact that I was on shore power....they were much more interested in the chassis battery status (13.4 in my case) which I revealed by pressing home on the silver leaf display (much easier than crawling around the fuse panel at chassis battery bay).........learn something new every day I guess!! Thanks so much for your response, and I do hope my little adventure can helps someone in the future.

I didn’t realize your front slides were hydraulic. Since thats a totally different system you wont find two more controllers like the rear. Talk to someone who knows these systems for more detail (HWH would be a good choice). There also might be something on them buried in your owners manual case. Chances are there is a safety lock-out of some sort (electronic controls over spool valves) and you re-set it by going through the procedure you described since both the hyd. slides and jacks use the same pump and hydraulic system.

Latest resources

Back