Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Detroit Diesel S60
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler
Fulltimer
No
Greetings from AZ. I was introduced to this site by DavidL. I own a 1997 Prevost XL (45') converted by Marathon. I bought the coach 8 years ago with 40,000 miles on it and have driven it over 100,000 miles since owning it. Mechanically this coach is perfect with everything needing some TLC addressed over the past 8 years. I have complete confidence turning the key and driving this from coast to coast (and did so multiple times last year). I use my coach for business purposes 9+ months of the year as my mobile office and hotel room towing both my 2017 Jeep Wrangler and my 2022 Cake Osa+ Electric Motorcycle. I upgraded my forward lighting to JW Speaker 8910 heated 5x7 LEDs and rear lighting to LED. Since forwarding light products didn't existing as a bolt-on solution I designed and built a solution from stainless steel and now resell the solution to others in the Prevost community. I have upgraded all of the networking on board to include 5G (via Verizon/T-Mobile/AT&T) combined with WiFi as WAN from RV park and Starlink redirected through my onboard router and ruggedized access point (identical to what is used on trains and transit solutions). Next up is a complete overhaul of the audio/visual solutions with audiophile grade speakers from Morel with custom hidden subwoofers from JL Audio. I just discarded three perfectly functional 25" Sony Trinitron tube TVs that have been working since 1997. Later I plan to include monitoring and control of coach functions under a single pane of glass and eventually upgrading to a digital dash system supporting the analog VDO gauges providing insight into the Detroit Diesel Series 60 engine computer, TPMS system, and anything else I can tie into it. I am also planning a FLIR PathfindIR with pedestrian and animal detection night vision system. I hope to learn a few things from others as I endeavor to restore and preserve this classic riveted coach which still hasn't even reached the full 250,000 mile break-in period for the Detroit Diesel Series 60. My fuel economy keeps climbing as the miles accrue. Since this coach was designed for its first owner to drive it 3,000,000 miles I have a lot of life left in it.

YachtHaven_Reduced Size.jpeg
IMG_1216.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
beautiful bus.

Yeah, what Sheridany said.

@DavidL definitely deserves a free hat!

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words. I am in Houston another two months working at Minute Maid Park staying at Eric and Jay's RV Resort on the southeast side of town. I have been there 6 weeks and it is safe, quiet, and comfortable. I love bourbons and rye whiskeys and will happily share some of my favorites with you if you stop by! :cool:

Ordering hats. Oh, and welcome!

beautiful bus.
Thank you and I see from your stats that you have Coach #1250 from Marathon. My 1997 is Coach #450. Was yours converted in Coburg like mine? Have you visited and toured the factory (my family did right after we purchased ours)? It is worth doing so if you haven't already.

Yes. I bought mine from marathon. They are the best prevost converter in my opinion and their service team is outstanding.

Very nice - glad you included pics!

Latest resources

Back