Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

captrar

RVF Regular
Hi all, Richard here, my wife and I just bought our first class A motorhome and we will be pleased to see any of you in the future.
I have a question about towing a car, goods and bads between tow bars and tow dollys. Any thoughts will be excepted and considered.
Many thanks.

I have been looking at a tow dolly for my new motorhome. The one I am looking at has 12” wheels, are these too small or u safe?
Any learned knowledge will be greatly appreciated.

I use a dolly. 13” tire. Look at the load the dolly will handle. We are two years into using a dolly and will be moving to flat tow in the spring. The dolly can be a pain in some camp grounds. A pull through is no problem. Back in, depending on the turning space you may need to disconnect to back in. I have a wheel on the front of the dolly and is no problem to move it manually on pavement. On gravel is a different task. I have a Ranger we will flat tow soon. Something to think about. Good luck.

Welcome to the forum. Someone will be along with suggestions. I believe most flat tow, although this can only be done with certain vehicles. The dolly is something else in the way when not towing or backing in. Don't do either myself (yet) so that is all I can say.

I use a dolly. 13” tire. Look at the load the dolly will handle. We are two years into using a dolly and will be moving to flat tow in the spring. The dolly can be a pain in some camp grounds. A pull through is no problem. Back in, depending on the turning space you may need to disconnect to back in. I have a wheel on the front of the dolly and is no problem to move it manually on pavement. On gravel is a different task. I have a Ranger we will flat tow soon. Something to think about. Good luck.
Thanks for the input

I flat tow a 22 wrangler and use a blue ox setup. What class A did you get. The more info you share the more people can give you reco. You'll also see people's setup in their signature if they included it.

I flat tow a 22 wrangler and use a blue ox setup. What class A did you get. The more info you share the more people can give you reco. You'll also see people's setup in their signature if they included it.
I bought a fleetwood terra. Thanks for your input.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back