RV Year
RV Make
Thor
RV Model
Hurricane 34F
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CRV-EXL with Bue Ox Base plate
We are embarking on our first big trip in a month which will be a 5 week cross country adventure and back home to VA. Although we have been avid campers for the past three years, this will be the first year traveling in a class A and towing our Honda. We elected to go with the Ready Brute Elite tow bar with integrated braking for its simplicity. It seems well built and carries an 8000# load rating as does our coach hitch. This seemed like as extra margin of safety with the weight of the car keeping us well blow the 26K weight limit for the coach. I do have a question for the forum regarding protection from debris. Has anyone used the protect a tow net with the Ready Brute system? I have a bra for the front end, however I had thought about adding the protect a tow as added assurance against flying debris. I do not want to use it if it will interfere with the functioning of the surge brake system. Thanks for any thoughts
Ron & Emily

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to RVF, @Romily; glad to have you join us here.

We use a similar toad protector (Roadmaster Tow Defender) and I don’t see where using the Protect-a-Tow unit would be a problem with your Ready Brute tow bar as long as it is properly installed. The protective fabric will likely loosen up and flap a bit whenever you are on downhill grades and the surge-brake is pushed in, but I don’t think that should be a major issue.

TJ

Welcome from Georgia!

Latest resources

Back