Freightliner S2RV
Engine
Cummins 6.7L 360HP
TOW/TOAD
2022 Jeep Wrangler
Fulltimer
No
Hi Everyone,

I am the proud owner of a new 2023 Valencia. My wife and I picked it up in Lubbock last week and drove it back home and put it in storage yesterday. We have our next trip scheduled for early September. The storage unit we have rented has 110 power and the dealer said I can just plug the main power line (50 amp to shore power) into the 110 power in the unit using adapters and it will just be used to charge the batteries. Does anyone have experience with this type of charging during storage? Anything I should watch out for?

Looking forward to becoming an active member of this community and sharing my experiences with you all!

Works fine if just charging.

That will be fine to keep the batteries topped up (charging in Float) as long as they are charged when you arrive and plug in (which they should be). Whether or not you’ll have enough amps to charge in bulk or absorb depends on the SOC, whatever inverter charger you have, and the settings on your charger. Chances are it will be fine and you’ll never have any difficulties. Hopefully your 120v outlet is on a 20 amp circuit. Either way though, it will keep the fridge running and the batteries topped up.

Thanks everyone. Your answers are consistent with what the dealer told me.

Thanks everyone. Your answers are consistent with what the dealer told me.
Yes just make sure your inverter is set correctly before you close up. Put you a dehumidifier or two in there to keep the humidity down. I have one that drains into the kitchen sink and one the drains into the back bathroom. As you know, we have high humidity in the south. It will keep everything fresh and no mold. You’ll have to get the timing down on your 75 gallon gray water holding tank with them though. Mine is not in storage. I have a carport for it at home so I can drain the gray water at leisure.

Hi Everyone,

I am the proud owner of a new 2023 Valencia. My wife and I picked it up in Lubbock last week and drove it back home and put it in storage yesterday. We have our next trip scheduled for early September. The storage unit we have rented has 110 power and the dealer said I can just plug the main power line (50 amp to shore power) into the 110 power in the unit using adapters and it will just be used to charge the batteries. Does anyone have experience with this type of charging during storage? Anything I should watch out for?

Looking forward to becoming an active member of this community and sharing my experiences with you all!
Congrats on the new purchase and Welcome to the group from Ely, Iowa. This is exactly what we do when in storage and have had no problems. I do unplug my fridges so they do not run and draw unnecessary power.

Yes just make sure your inverter is set correctly before you close up. Put you a dehumidifier or two in there to keep the humidity down. I have one that drains into the kitchen sink and one the drains into the back bathroom. As you know, we have high humidity in the south. It will keep everything fresh and no mold. You’ll have to get the timing down on your 75 gallon gray water holding tank with them though. Mine is not in storage. I have a carport for it at home so I can drain the gray water at leisure.
@Bayouownbeer, thanks for the advice on the humidifier. I'm not sure but I have heard there is a little bit of humidity here in Houston ;)

Congrats on the new purchase and Welcome to the group from Ely, Iowa. This is exactly what we do when in storage and have had no problems. I do unplug my fridges so they do not run and draw unnecessary power.
Thanks. I did turn off all appliances including the AC.

Welcome from another SuperC owner. Getting more of us in here 😀

Latest resources

Back