Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

rickyg777

RVF Newbee
Thanks for the add. I'm joining to learn more about RVing and my TT tips and tricks.
We bought a 2022 Grand Design (GD) 297QB (Transcend) and love it so far. We only got two trips in before we were notified that one of our 12 year old boys (3 total) has aplastic anemia and requires an emergency marrow transplant in a city 5 hours away. Enter our TT to the rescue! Hotels are too $$$$, property is too $$$$ to rent, so, TT it is. We actually loaded up on some "must haves" like a Sleep Number bed, ice maker, generator, undercounter motion lights, coffee maker, etc. so we're pretty set. The city we'll be traveling to is in a colder region so we'll have to buy some heated water hoses and such. Right now I'm looking to understand how our underbelly heated duct work actually works. I have a message into GD and am waiting to hear but in the interim I'd be interested in hearing from someone that has a similar GD and some experience with this.
Thanks!
Rick

Can't help you with your questions about the GD, but I can welcome you to the forum!

@redbaron bought a GD recently and knowing him, I’d wager he’s probably taken the whole thing apart and put it back together by now

Welcome. Sorry to hear about your son. Hope all goes well.

The only way the underbelly gets heat is when the furnace is running.

The bottom is cover with coreplast, which has minimal insulation value.

What are the low temperatures you expect to have, and for how long?

Latest resources

Back