Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

MikeEdmonton

RVF Newbee
We bought a 2021 Palomino Puma 32RBFQ model in May and have just finished our first month living in it. We are putting together a list of issues as part of our manufacturers warranty submission. A few minor issues that will be easy to mop up but our biggest concern is how unlevel the floor seems to be side to side. We can level front to back without any trouble but side to side is really frustrating. I can lay my level down side to side at various points down the middle of the RV and the one side (the kitchen/bathroom side) is unlevel. In particular, the area in front of the stove and sink is 'spongy' and definitely unlevel from the other side.

I tried levelling the RV on the weekend and found I could almost get to level by the door but then the cupboard was unlevel. I made some tweaks and the cupboard was level but then other parts of the RV were unlevel. My question is how to document this for the dealership so that they can represent me to the manufacturer. Should I get a tech to come in and assist with the submission or count on the dealership? Note, my RV is parked until October so driving it back to the dealer would not be the preferred approach.

Thanks, Mike

I have seen floors that were not uniformly level. I would always measure the leveling, I the freezer, since that is the most critical thing to be level.

Spongy, on the other hand is never good. You may want to look for signs of water intrusion.

My 2017 Salem Hemisphere had soft spots in the floor too. The roof tore back about 10 feet or so, so the dealer sent it back to the factory for repairs. I know they put a new roof on it, but how the fixed the floor I don't know, but they did put new flooring and carpet in it. Make sure you don't say anything about living in it. Most have a clause in the paperwork that says something to the effect of "fulltime use voids the warranty". Talk to your dealer and make sure they are able to document the floor issue(s).

I can get our's level but then letting the slide out with the refrigerator in the slide it would become unloved leaning to the left. Our slide has cables so that wasn't the issue it was the leaf springs. To resolve that I added two stabilizing bars that wrench up and down with a command drill or an impact wrench. So as I set everything up before I let the slide out I wrench the pads down and raise the left side up a bit. Works for me.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back