RV Make
Alpinelite
RV Length
26'
TOW/TOAD
2016 Ram 1500
Fulltimer
Yes
Other than the two major drawbacks of EVs (low infustrcture, and possible social credit score implications)!

I have been following technology in the power storage development for several years. Rechargeable solutions like innovative zinc air batteries, have been what I have considered most promising! Although zinc has been easier to deal with, aluminum has much higher energy density.

These options are much safer, and lighter than most other options.

So why would I be stoked about aluminum/anything battery technology? First on the list is environmentally friendly! Second is avaliable resource! Just as importantly charge cycles that don't need to rely on controllers when using solar panels!

When I saw this video on upcoming battery technology, I got very excited! I hope you can also see the potential!!!

All sounds great like my flying car in the 60's. Talk is just that, talk. I hear it all the time from EV fanboys. I still reject a power source that can be turned off with the flick of a switch to restrict my travel. We are moving towards being centrally controlled in our lives and movement's. Thank god for gunpowder.

All sounds great like my flying car in the 60's. Talk is just that, talk. I hear it all the time from EV fanboys. I still reject a power source that can be turned off with the flick of a switch to restrict my travel. We are moving towards being centrally controlled in our lives and movement's. Thank god for gunpowder.
If you noticed, I have your same concerns! Yes I think the push for EVs has nothing to do with saving the planet, and everything to do with control.

It appears they have found an answer for aluminum oxide that has hampered the aluminum battery from the beginning.

My interest in the chemistry is house power!!!

All the more reason I have to make a trip some winter to converse and toss back a few beverages with you. The planning stages are happening, execution is the difficult part. I have a few friends wintering in the west. Maybe by that time they will have a new battery....not likely....lol

Latest resources

Back