• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question New to me 2015 Newmar Baystar 3220 newbie questions

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Absolutely agree that the flow through sensors are NOT the way to go. If you take off the anti theft cap from the standard sensors they aren’t much different than removing a standard rubber stem cap when removing to add air. I’ve been running TST sensors in this manner for 10 years with absolutely no problems.

We only have the TST on the car trailer (Coach has Bendix in wheel sensor system), but find the lighter TST sensors (not flow through) work well. I just treat them like J&JD mentioned, a standard stem cap. When it is cold, and we all know that Neal likes cold weather camping, these “caps” are easy to remove when wearing gloves and easy to see when they are set on the ground.

So that I understand, you remove the anti-theft device to make refilling easier like the flow through? After re-evaluating my decision I still feel I made the right decision for my application; appreciate the comments.

So that I understand, you remove the anti-theft device to make refilling easier like the flow through? After re-evaluating my decision I still feel I made the right decision for my application; appreciate the comments.
The answer is “yes”. The sensor is then also much smaller and lighter than the flow through. This makes it much safer in the long run to me.

Latest resources

Back