F550
Engine
Titan V10
TOW/TOAD
2020 Polaris Slingshot
Fulltimer
No
Hello all,
I have looked at this site several times looking for information and it's been so helpful I decided to join. My wife and I are campers from way back 40+ years starting in tents. We moved to pull campers, then 5th wheels the biggest being a 36 ft triple slide. We sold everything when we bought some property in TN knowing we would have little time to travel, but now that things have settled down a bit were getting back into it. Always a trailer guy I was skeptical about getting a motorhome, but decided to give it a try. We bought a fixer upper 2011 Thor Hurricane. The floors were sagging and dated. The exterior was faded and dull, but everything worked. We made a few test runs starting a 100 miles out to 300 miles out. We found some issues and corrected them. i.e. tires truing, wheels balanced, alignment fixed 90% of it. We liked the RV so we started renovation and they are more or less complete. Rebuilt floor, new flooring, new carpet, new furniture, new led lighting fixtures, new TV's, cleaned and polished the exterior, buffed the headlights, new awning etc. Now were ready to head out. Our major trip this spring will be to Salem Or on a vacation/work trip.

Attachments

• 20190815_132749.jpg
    20190815_132749.jpg
    465.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20190815_132912.jpg
    20190815_132912.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    403.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    354.4 KB · Views: 16
First, welcome to RVF @BGMAC! Glad to have you.

Wow! You're our kinda guy! Very nice renovation of the coach. You'll find a bunch of folks on these forums that are pretty handy and into working on their coaches. I'm thinking you will fit in really well.

TJ

Thank you TJ,
I could not have done all of that without Twila my wife. She is pretty handy in her own right. They wanted so much money for captains chairs or seat cover kit Twila decided to re-due them herself. Buying remnants she was able to fix up the seats for about $18 each for materials.

Attachments

• 20190917_141956.jpg
    20190917_141956.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20190917_142014.jpg
    20190917_142014.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 19
Well done, indeed! Glad to have you!

Thank you TJ,
I could not have done all of that without Twila my wife. She is pretty handy in her own right. They wanted so much money for captains chairs or seat cover kit Twila decided to re-due them herself. Buying remnants she was able to fix up the seats for about $18 each for materials.
Very nice upholstery work! I've seen upholstery shop work that is not that good. Kudos to Twila

TJ

Very nice work by both of you. Now enjoy the trip and the fruits of your labor. Hope all goes smoothly.

Welcome @BGMAC - great to have you join us and enjoy the RV lifestyle together.

Thank you TJ,
She did an amazing job! :D

Latest resources

Back