Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

New to Tiffin, not new to RV’s. (2023 Wayfarer)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Hello from Reno, NV. We are Steve and Debbie. Steve is an 30 year veteran of the military. I’m retired and he is now a govt. contractor, one that travels a lot, but by plane.

Our first RV together was about 17 years ago, a Country Coach Affinity. We had that bus for about 10 years. Lots of good times, but it was also 12 years old when we purchased it so had lots of issues popping up on occasion. We sold it about 5 years ago.

Our last RV was a 2021 Coachman. We took one cross country trip pulling our Jeep Wrangler from Reno across 80, down to Kansas City, down to Atlanta and over to Charleston. From Florida, then on to New Orleans. We then went up through Texas then home. By the time we got home, we’d had so many issues to include a slide that would not retract. We really loved the rep from the manufacture, but could not wait to get rid of this coach. Our local dealer was ZERO help. Apparently COVID built products lacked parts needed and the quality control that should have been done prior to delivering to dealers. The rep told us they were told to just get them out to the dealers and worry about it later.

The new owner, he’s very handy and has had many rv’s and was thrilled to take this off our hands. He’s gone through the rv and he and his wife love it.

Yesterday, we purchased a 2023 Wayfarer. 25RW. Until Steve retires from his contractors job, we plan shorter trips and an easier driving unit for me. (I drove all the way to Florida and back). Our hope was to find a product with the quality of the Country Coach, and can fit in any park, national, state or county. The Wayfarer looks to fill all our desires and needs for now.

The one we purchased comes with the Elwell system which should prove to be a handy feature. We were looking at the Winnebago View, but decided the standard auto leveling system of the Wayfarer, along with Tiffin reputation made the decision easy.

We are looking forward to traveling this year and possibly getting out of Reno during “smoke season” in the summer and maybe next January-Feb as well to get somewhere a bit warmer. Like most of the nation, it’s been a long winter! We hope to see some of you out there!

Attachments

• IMG_2047.jpeg
    IMG_2047.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
Welcome to the forum. We are also looking at downsizing and had looked at the Wayfarer. Haven’t seen the Winnebago yet. Did you look at any others? Wife likes the floorpans with the twin beds in the back. What is your mpg on the Wayfarer?

Good morning. Yes, I’d been watching the Winnebago View for a couple of years now. The two brands “houses” are similar in our viewpoint in several ways. There is not a lot you can do with that small size to make much of a difference in the two. What sold us on the Tiffin Wayfarer was a couple of things. The leveling system in the Tiffin is standard, that’s a huge thing for us, me especially as sometimes when my husband has to travel for his job, I take the rv to our next site and pick him up at the next airport. So setting up and leveling makes this important for me/us.

The quality of the “house” matters to us. The insulation, the fit and finish and the reputation that Tiffin has over the Winnebago (which are also beautiful), along with the exterior paint process sold us.

I too like the rear twin beds. That model gives you much more cargo space and you can keep the bed made down. What I did not care for in that model was the center bath. When we’re parked for 5 or 6 days or longer, the interior space being more “open“ helps. With the Murphy bed up during the day, it just gives us more area to move around in. Or, when parked have the option of just leaving it down.

I think the hardest part once you’ve selected the brand, is agreeing on the floor plan. Just picture how you both think you’ll use it and what’s important. Until my husband really retires, shorter trips (likely 3 weeks or shorter) will be on our radar. Lots of day or 3 day trips will be the most common.

Oh, and if you’re looking to buy very soon, check across the country at the selling prices some dealers have listed. Don’t be afraid to let the dealer know that flying in somewhere and picking one up is not an issue to save several thousand dollars. We negotiated a list price of $217K down to $167. It can be done. They are looking to clear out the 2023’s to make room for the 2024 inventory. Good luck and safe travels.

Hello, used to be RV'er over 40 years. We are looking at the Wayfarer as well. BUT I am also master certified RV Tech retired, owned Newmar Vantana 36' DP-All Electric Coach (Winnebago Parent) and we had excellent service from them. The COVID thing killed quality in many industries, PC, RV, and Auto as well. I think it is coming back, but only because economy is skating on thin edge and manufacturers are cutting back on building them. Plus who wants to pay interest on a huge loan. Regardless, the Winnebago one looks interesting. Too late now to do much research, tomorrow. Welcome to RV'ing. Thank both of you for your service, you are supporting his work, so you deserve credit as well. if RV questions, let me know been across the USA at least 12 times, car, plane, RV, and RV, and rental truck. We lived in WA state, and moved to GA. Lots of miles, great parks to stay in, some not so great. Don't buy any RV membership thing, owned TT for 20 years, and like weight around neck sometimes.

Latest resources

Back