• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question New TOAD research

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
That does look nice but it is quite large. I check my pressures at startup and then I really don't monitor or have a need to monitor the numbers. The TST will alarm you when your limits are hit, as set, at that time I'll see what's going on. I had this happen when traveling back east and had pressures set in cooler temps and hit hot weather in TX and had to reduce pressure.

That does look nice but it is quite large. I check my pressures at startup and then I really don't monitor or have a need to monitor the numbers. The TST will alarm you when your limits are hit, as set, at that time I'll see what's going on. I had this happen when traveling back east and had pressures set in cooler temps and hit hot weather in TX and had to reduce pressure.
I haven't had a problem with my Class A but both of my could have been bad blowouts were caught early since I monitor tire temps on my 5er. I caught them early by watching temps and how they relate to other tires both times the temp didn't reach the alarm level. Both times I had the beginning of tire separation and on 5er that gets expensive. If you want to monitor warnings only there is a phone app that gives you a warning if outside any of the settings or will show all the tire info.

We just repaced our TST with Tire Minder and loving how easy it is to see all the tires in one glance instead of having to watch the TST cycle between all the tires. The toad isn't hooked up when I took the picture. There are two sizes of screens and I have the larger of the two. If you want to check temps you just press the center button and will display all the temps.

View attachment 4157
That is a nice display and layout, but a bit large physically. Not sure where I could put it in our coach. With a GPS, small TPMS monitor, two built-in display screens, plus the Wabco On-Guard active cruise control display I'm out of space. Our small EezTire display is mounted to the dash with Velcro just above side/rear camera screen and just barely fits there.

TJ

Am I the only person on this forum that doesn't own a Newmar??? :ROFLMAO: I don't have a half bath. I'm assuming that's where your breaker box is located? Mine is in the closet in the bedroom at the back of the coach. Is that where I'd hook mine up if I need a repeater?

I really like that display Gizmo. EZ to read. Nice color. Why replace the TST unit? I thought TST was supposed to be the Cadillac of tire pressure monitors??

Am I the only person on this forum that doesn't own a Newmar??? :ROFLMAO: I don't have a half bath. I'm assuming that's where your breaker box is located? Mine is in the closet in the bedroom at the back of the coach. Is that where I'd hook mine up if I need a repeater?
Sounds like a good location to me! All you need is 12VDC power and a small space to mount the repeater in. Hopefully, you don't have a metal-enclosed electrical cabinet as that would block the repeater signal. My electrical cabinet is just a regular wood cabinet with a couple of small 120V breaker boxes and a 12V buss bar in it.

I wired a small 12V power port to the buss bar in the cabinet and just plug the repeater into it when we're ready to hit the road.

TJ

I really like that display Gizmo. EZ to read. Nice color. Why replace the TST unit? I thought TST was supposed to be the Cadillac of tire pressure monitors??
The sole reason I switched was that you can see all the pressures and temps all at the same time. I monitor temps more than I do pressure when going down the road.
I believe a tire that getting ready to blow with increase temps as compared to the rest of the tires and I can see that in a single glance. Plus I get free batteries and o-rings for life.

We just repaced our TST with Tire Minder and loving how easy it is to see all the tires in one glance instead of having to watch the TST cycle between all the tires. The toad isn't hooked up when I took the picture. There are two sizes of screens and I have the larger of the two. If you want to check temps you just press the center button and will display all the temps.

View attachment 4157
Gizmo, which model is this? They have like 10 different models on their website!!

Gizmo, which model is this? They have like 10 different models on their website!!
Here is the one I got but I purchased at an RV show for 499.

And, that's why a good TPMS with sensors on the toad tires as well is a great investment!

TJ
Ok I'm going to ask the dumb question. What is this? I am having an Air force one hitch put on today. Coach is a King aire 2014. Jeep is a wrangler. Do I need all this and why?

Latest resources

Back