• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question New TOAD research

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Tire pressure monitoring system. You definitely want one on all the tires. You won’t know you have a problem in the back without it until it’s too late. I had a flat on my toad and there would be no way I would know that without it.

Ok I'm going to ask the dumb question. What is this? I am having an Air force one hitch put on today. Coach is a King aire 2014. Jeep is a wrangler. Do I need all this and why?
A "TPMS" is a tire pressure monitoring system and, in my opinion, it is an essential piece of safety equipment for RVers. Here's why.

Low tire pressure causes tire heating and increases the risk of a blowout. Even if you check your tire pressures faithfully each time you get ready to hit the road, something can happen along the way. Having something to tell you when a tire is loosing pressure or overheating is an early warning device. And, having the towed vehicle ("toad") included in the system protects you against towing your vehicle down the road with a flat tire...or worse.

TJ

We must be on the same wavelength, @sheridany. Right after I hit the post button, your post appeared. Glad we had similar answers. ;)

TJ

So who installs this? I guess I don't know what I need and where to go.

So who installs this? I guess I don't know what I need and where to go.
They are easily installed DIY. Basically, you screw some sensor units onto the valve stems and let the receiver unit find them, then set some high/low parameters (or, accept the suggested defaults) and you are ready to go. Here's a link to the manual for the unit we use (not making a recommendation, just providing an illustration resource).

TJ

Latest resources

Back