• Commercial/Vendors welcome

New Top Gun Movie

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Well, tonight I went to see it. Just got home, still a little raw with emotions.

In 1986 I saw the original. I had already gotten my private pilot's license and was in college (VMI) in Air Force ROTC with a dream, one dream, to fly. I was one of four that got pilot slots in my class, in the Air Force ROTC. I got accepted into Euro Nato Joint Jet Pilot Training in Sheppard AFB, Texas. A unique pilot training course where all that graduated went to fighters. I went to A-10's. My first assignment: Desert Shield followed by Desert Storm.

In 1995 I graduated Fighter Weapons School, the culmination of my dream, the dream of any and every fighter pilot. A moment of which I am most proud.

Seeing the movie tonight rekindled a lot of those memories and dreams and reminded me to continue and pursue my dreams. Many will try to prevent you from living your dream, you have to persevere and stay focused and remember your dream. No matter the age, we all have dreams and should continue to pursue them.

Yeah, it's a movie, but movies such as this have a purpose. This purpose hits deep with me. My life was a dream for many and I have to remind myself how lucky I am to have had the opportunities I had. I'm fortunate to have had the opportunity to see this movie tonight. A great story.
Beautiful post and more importantly, thank you for your service to our nation! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

I haven’t seen the movie yet but plan too do so soon. While I can’t come close to @Neal‘s Air Force deployments and experiences as a fighter pilot I did have 4 years of Air Force life during the Viet Nam Era in 67-71. I was the base explosives safety officer at U-Tapao AFB Thailand where the majority of the B-52 sorties originated during the war.
if you can wrap your head around this, we flew:

40 sorties/day 365 days/year
each aircraft carried 105 500lb bombs
that’s 1,533,000 500lb bombs dropped on Viet Nam in one year!
we emptied a bomb storage area (bomb dump) that was 1/2 mile wide X 3/4 mile long every 90 days!

What a sad, sad waste….

1AF7C030-9B28-43EE-B375-EC742DB395F0.jpeg

I haven’t seen the movie yet but plan too do so soon. While I can’t come close to @Neal‘s Air Force deployments and experiences as a fighter pilot I did have 4 years of Air Force life during the Viet Nam Era in 67-71. I was the base explosives safety officer at U-Tapao AFB Thailand where the majority of the B-52 sorties originated during the war.
if you can wrap your head around this, we flew:

40 sorties/day 365 days/year
each aircraft carried 105 500lb bombs
that’s 1,533,000 500lb bombs dropped on Viet Nam in one year!
we emptied a bomb storage area (bomb dump) that was 1/2 mile wide X 3/4 mile long every 90 days!

What a sad, sad waste….

View attachment 12627
Love that so many RV friends are military/retired military! Thank you so much for your service; you’re all a very special group, my father and husband included. They’re retired Navy! 🙏🏻🙏🏻

So today was my day to see Top Gun and yes, I liked it. It was my first movie since Covid as well. Not one mask in the place, boy how times have changed.

We saw it last night and it did not disappoint. I will admit I did get a bit queasy with some of the maneuvers. LOL. Well I guess that's why I'm an operating room nurse and not a pilot!!!

There is a movie to the New Navy called Bottom Gun:

Funny stuff Buly!!!

Latest resources

Back