Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

New trailer and I think I made a mistake.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

fish_fanatic

RVF Regular
My wife and I just purchased our second travel trailer and I just have an uneasy feeling. We had a 2004 Skyline Aljo that we loved and it was a beast but recently we decided to upgrade but I am not so sure it is an upgrade.

It seems to me that trailers as a whole are now made very poorly compared to our Aljo and not wanting to break the bank I may have made a very poor choice.

Last Saturday we signed papers on our new trailer and are scheduled to pick it up this Friday. We purchased a 2020 Venture Sonic 231 VRL because of weight concerns and exterior qualities that I liked. The interior of the trailer seems cheaply built and I expect that has something to do with it being an ultralite trailer. The Rockwood minilites that we looked at seemed to be superior in almost every way but their weight was an issue.

I guess I am asking for your imput, PLEASE help your feedback would be appreciated.

Randy

Others may be able to chime in on what you bought but have you considered going back to the dealership and letting it all out there and see what they can do? They may not give your deposit back but it could possibly be applied to purchasing something else that better fits your needs and desires?

I’m with Neal. If the dealer refuses to work with you, then I’d refuse delivery and go see a lawyer. Often times, a lawyer sniffing around will make dealers do whatever they can to make you go away. A lawyer may tell you that you’re stuck, but at least then you’ll know and if that were the case, I’d sell it without ever using it to try and minimize my loss.

I believe a purchase should never make you uneasy, if it does it’s wrong. I remember when young and buying a car that was out of my financial reach, I had an uneasy feeling. I qualified for the financing but backed out of the deal and was able to get my deposit back. Always go with your gut.

I would definitely reach out to the dealer and have a discussion on either going with a different unit or walking away completely

Since you have not yet taken delivery, go back to the dealer and ask to put the deal on hold. I don't know where you are located, but some states allow a period of time for the buyer to change their mind, so contact the dealer NOW.

Then, review your choice and options. Think things through without being under pressure. It is not uncommon for people to have "buyer's remorse" immediately after a transaction. Sometimes it is just the fear of the unknown and, once they've had a chance to work things through, everything smooths out. Other times, changing plans a bit resolves the issue.

Give yourself a little time to work this out in your mind; contact the dealer and put this deal on hold.

TJ

If you are in doubt, don’t do it. You may be able to negotiate to get in a different make trailer with the same dealer without loosing your deposit.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback from everyone but I think I am feeling better about the purchase. I am at this point more worried about not getting my deposit back seeing that my deposit was $10,000 dollars.

Don't worry. I felt terrible for three months panicking after placing the order for my motorhome having never RV'd before and not even having watched the movie "RV" until after my purchase! After three months of no sleep it was worth it :)

With all the crazy stuff going on in our lives right now, it is understandable that we get "uneasy" once-in-a-while. Let's all take a collective deep breath and try to relax.

Years ago, someone told me that to get myself "centered" again after a difficult time, I should park myself in a comfortable chair, shut my eyes and visualize doing one of my favorite activities. It has worked for me.

TJ

Latest resources

Back