Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TheLightGuy

RVF Regular
10yrs ago we sold our old RV and today we brought home our new 2022 trailer. Not looking forward to the headaches again but it's time to get the little man out of the house and into the outdoors more than just our farm. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and figured I'd throw out a general random question...
We have the led strip lights in the awning and above the slide inside too. It's blue which is fine other than blue attracts bugs more than any other color out there. So I know everything there is to know about LED's as it's my business working with them so I'm going to be changing them out to a bluetooth controlled rgb style. My issue is finding the wires in this thing. It's too new to be tearing walls apart so I was hoping someone could help direct me the how the wires are run back to the control panel and is it possible to fish a 4 wire line to where the standard 2 wire comes out or if all the wiring is attached where it can't be reached?
Thanks In Advance!
Hopefully I'll have more answers than questions here for everyone and maybe run into a few of you along the way!

Thanks Again,
Chris

Welcome! And even if you called the manufacturer of your trailer they could not tell you how the wires were run. It is maddening to work on these things, which is what I do. The only thing you can know for sure is they ran them in the easiest way for them, not what is intuitive.

Welcome! And even if you called the manufacturer of your trailer they could not tell you how the wires were run. It is maddening to work on these things, which is what I do. The only thing you can know for sure is they ran them in the easiest way for them, not what is intuitive.
absolutely!! i'm just curious if i tape off one end to a new 4 wire strand if i'll be able to fish it through or if they're secured somewhere lol

just wanted to update:

i got the 4 wire rgb ran to the slide side, wasn't too hard but their choice of wire coloring for the speaker wires being the same as the 12v power wires is a little crazy... also not sure why they thought they needed 10 gauge wire for speaker wires but ok LOL.

Next on deck is the awning lights and installing an outdoor motion sensor to turn them on when you approach! so far so good, I made it a whole 36hrs after signing for it before I did anything with the lights!!!
got replacement marker lights coming as well to get rid of that hideous amber and red lens garbage and eliminates those worthless incandescent 194 bulbs and we're going with clear markers all the way around with amber and red diodes for a brighter, cleaner, and more hidden look! Nothing is uglier than colored lens lights. changed them all on my semi and now the camper gets the same treatment! i'll eventually find a set of clear lens tail lights to replace these gawdy shoe box style things on the back too and then we'll work on changing out that ridiculous 3rd brake light in the middle to something more appropriate as well.

Glad it's coming together for you, I thought the LED strips look cool but the blue color gave me pause. I remember the decades old bug zappers using blue lights and doing a great job of attracting bugs to the conductors. I've yet to find the right TT for my family but we're constantly shopping and if we land on something with blue LED lights, I'll probably be quick to change them out for something a bit less attractive to bugs.

The 10ga speaker wire does sound excessive for something that's being built to be lightweight and inexpensive. I can understand powering big speakers with big wattage but the speakers on the sides of most TT are anything but.

I suspected as much but it falls on the shoulders of managment (that actually gives a darn) to make sure he has on hand what is specified by the engineers specifying everything that will be going into the TT.

Engineers? Oversight? Management? Surely you haven't been to Indiana and seen the process or talked with people that actually work on building them. They are paid to just plain get the quota done in 4 hours so they can go to the next company and get a quota in another 4 hours, thereby being paid for 16 hours that day...Don't be the one slowing the line down or you may get in a fist fight.

I haven't but the stories of what the factories are spitting out and the pictures of some of the welds I've seen here do not make me doubt any of what you're saying

Looking at the bright side, 10 awg will allow future upgrades in case you get hard of hearing. Don't ask I will just reply "WHAT "

Latest resources

Back