• Commercial/Vendors welcome

New

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Welcome! Glad you’re here. What’d ya get & why?

We got keystone laredo 298rsl fifth wheel, we had a blow out on our pull behind coming home from Gatlinburg a few weeks ago.. i did 10990.00 worth of damage...took ins monies and bought new..

Yowza. Go get a TPMS Monitor. A big cause of blowouts is usually under inflation. Sometimes over inflation but more often under. Once your 5er is loaded up the way you plan to travel with it, including tanks, get a four corner weight and then pull up your tire manufacturers tire chart and adjust your tire pressure to what the chart indicates you should use for the weight you are carrying on each axle. I usually add 5psi on top of that to provide myself a little cushion.

I don’t know much about your unit but if you bought new, I assume there is an owners manual. Is there a section on cold weather operations in it? Do you have any control panel switches for “heating pads”? Open your wetbay, can you see anything that looks like a heater or convector in there?

Welcome to the group @Lil-Crazy and congratulations on your new rig. I agree TPMS is best thing you can buy for your safety.

Welcome to the site.

I just had a blow out on my TOAD running down the highway to Florida. Did $2500 worth of damage to my new Jeep Grand Cherokee. A new TPMS is next on my list of MUST HAVES to purchase!!!! ? Sounds like you need one too!
image1.jpeg

Yowza. Go get a TPMS Monitor. A big cause of blowouts is usually under inflation. Sometimes over inflation but more often under. Once your 5er is loaded up the way you plan to travel with it, including tanks, get a four corner weight and then pull up your tire manufacturers tire chart and adjust your tire pressure to what the chart indicates you should use for the weight you are carrying on each axle. I usually add 5psi on top of that to provide myself a little cushion.

I don’t know much about your unit but if you bought new, I assume there is an owners manual. Is there a section on cold weather operations in it? Do you have any control panel switches for “heating pads”? Open your wetbay, can you see anything that looks like a heater or convector in there?

Latest resources

Back