• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Newb questions and advice

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Generator - depending on your AC, it requires a fair amount of wattage. While the Hondas are top of the line and quiet, the are pricey. And if you aren’t planning on boondocking, unnecessary. You can upgrade to nice RV parks for the couple of thousand Hondas cost.

Oh, I just looked, 3000 watts starting for a 13500 btu AC. 4000 watts for a 15000 btu. Starting wattage for the AC unit is typically much higher than the running wattage.

Whether your TT has an inverter or not will depend on the model or options. To run an AC, the inverter will need to be large.

TT Will certainly have a converter to charge the batteries and run the 12v lights.

Chemicals for the toilet / black tank are available at Walmart and others. I use the BioPacs or a 5 second squirt of Dawn dish soap before traveling. Always leave the black tank closed unless dumping. And put a few gallons of water in the tank after dumping

Thanks Rosy. I will plan on getting a good hitch and upgrade the tires. We may not need a generator if everywhere we go has power, but I will probably get a small one to run the A/C and refrigerator just in case.
You will not run the AC on a small generator. Yes, Honda is the best, but pricey. There is much to be discussed about generators, what they will run, bang for buck, and modifications that make them work better. Not enough time at the moment to go into that. Be careful about letting anyone know about firearms in a public forum. Shhhhhhh, do your research. I second the 3500 as an alternative to a 2500. Many people run their propane fridges going down the road, I have learned that it is not advised. You will get many opinions on that. Yes an inspection can be done on an new camper. The new ones coming out are horrible. The Grand Design is getting high ratings. However I am staying in one right now, have been for the last 6 weeks with one more to go.....it is not perfect.

Latest resources

Back