Lbrving

RVF Newbee
RV Make
Heartland
RV Model
Mallard
RV Length
37 ft
Hi everyone đź‘‹ I'm a country girl Idaho born and raised. I'm super excited to finally get to go travel more! We are planning on heading to Florida to help wherever or however we can with efforts cleaning up and rebuild in area's that were effected by hurricane Ian. We are traveling from Postfalls Idaho. I would love to get suggestions on where to stay along the way.. Best route to take and any tips and advice ! Thanks

Wow, that's a long way.
What kind of rv do you have?

Going to Florida from Marion IL (which your route will bring you by I assume) I go 57 to 24, 24 to Nashville. At Nashville I get on 65 and take it to 231. It comes out around Marianna Florida. Then 10 to Lake City Florida to get on 75. 75 will take you south to areas affected by the hurricane.

I used to go 75 from 24 but you have to go up and down Monteagle Mtn and endure the traffic in Chattanooga and Atlanta. My way is 100 miles farther but well worth it to me. I've hit potholes in Chattanooga that I thought were going to wreck me and been stuck in Atlanta traffic for 3.5 hours.

I stop at a place in Troy Alabama called Deer Run RV Park on 231, only $30 a night if you can get by with only water and electric. Add sewer and it's a little more.
On 75 in Florida at Lake City I always stop at Casey Jones, $30 a night and full hookups.
Everywhere else along the route seems to be at least $50 and just take your pick unless you want to look up state parks.

Latest resources

Back