Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

col60

RVF Newbee
After waiting 8 months for my 21D I’m picking it up on 6/1. During the 8 months I have reviewed and searched many sites, feeds, etc and 3 questions remain unanswered. Q1: best extended warranty or if needed? Q2: best wheel & tire emergency service? Q3: best roadside assistance. Being a newbie I have no clue regarding the answers to these questions

After waiting 8 months for my 21D I’m picking it up on 6/1. During the 8 months I have reviewed and searched many sites, feeds, etc and 3 questions remain unanswered. Q1: best extended warranty or if needed? Q2: best wheel & tire emergency service? Q3: best roadside assistance. Being a newbie I have no clue regarding the answers to these questions
First, welcome aboard.

Q1- Who knows as to best warranty....but f needed, well that depends. Are you very handy at fixing things like plumbing, wiring and RV appliances? That will answer if any warranty is needed to a big degree.

Q2- That is very subjective but the best tires.....I have heard great things on Goodyear Endurance tires. Emergency service could depend on your insurance provider for your auto if you talking a tow behind.

Q3- Best roadside.....we use our AAA which we have had for many years as well as our auto insurance (Erie).

Q1- Which one is best? I don't know. there are a lot, and you are going to pay for them. I would call a few RV repair shops and ask which ones they find easiest to deal with, or most widely accepted. As stated above, are they needed? That's up to your own mechanical abilities, and how much time and patience you have dealing with issues. Some dealers offer a "forever warranty" that only requires you do have some annual maintenance performed. We just purchased a new 5th wheel and I decided not to purchase the extended warranty. I like fixing things myself, even if they are covered, because its quicker, and I probably do a better job.

Q2- That is usually a separate component and an up charge to the roadside service plan. What I chose to do is make sure I have good tires, religiously check tire pressures, and watch them with a TPMS. I make sure my spare is good. I carry a wedge style jack so I don't have to mess with "jacking" the rig up. I carry a battery powered impact gun to insure a quick tire change. I also carry a flashing roadside emergency light.

Q3- I chose Good Sam because it was a little better priced for longer distance towing, but either Good Sam or AAA is good. Depends on your needs. Just price both out with whatever added extras you think you might need.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back