Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

floridagramps

RVF Newbee
Retired couple 80ish w golden doodle looking to buy smaller used Class A and travel north to escape Florida heat. Hope to get some help in picking manufacturers and what to look for and what to avoid...just saw a tip re aluminum framing. Previously ownded 4 large boats. In 1983 I relocated to HK from Boston. I rented a Winnebago and drove to LA w 4 kids and new wife via all the big national parks. Loved it and had no problems. I do not know what to expect w camgrounds.....are the good one typically sold out and prices extravagant? In 1983 I paid $25+/- today??? Appreciate advice on how to use this forum to address those questions. Is there a book I should buy to get me started? Thanks in advance

Once a (large) boat owner myself turned RV'er, I know you are equipped to own a Class A. If you can park a 53' DeFever in a slip on a windy day, you can maneuver a 36' Newmar into a campsite. Layout is your first priority. Everyone has an idea on a functional layout for their needs. So my advice is shop-shop-shop (not buy) until you know what layout you desire. Once you have an idea, then narrow your search for quality. It's the Bayliner vs Viking scenario, except with wheels. I think you'll find there are a few manufacturers that make better built units. Determine your budget, then shop within that budget for your desired layout and manufacturer. Fuel prices, campground price, etc. will be the least of concerns once you start traveling. Blessings, and may the wind be always at your back,

Welcome aboard! The $25 per night days unfortunately are over!

Latest resources

Back