Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RobinJ

RVF Newbee
Hi there my husband and I own a 2017 Crossroads Cameo CE 3701RD - it is located on a seasonal campsite in Clear Lake Iowa. We bought it in 2019 from a couple that had bought it new to live in for the summers, but were permanently retiring to Arizona. For two summers we have used it as our lake house for summer weekends.

It is a beautiful camper and sleeps 6 - we are able to take normal showers, it’s well insulated, all the good stuff. Our life circumstances have changed and we need to sell it - no one seems interested - any ideas why that might be?

Or any tips for marketing? It is a truly beautiful camper, nothing wrong with it. Thanks!!!

With a little more info might be able to help. Are you trying to sell it set up in the park? Can it be easily moved? How's your price compared to book value? Other units fir sell there? If in the park are they trying to help or i havve seen parks chase off potential buyers because they want the space. More info more help possible.

Thanks for the help yes we are trying to sell it set up. It can be moved easily but it is blocked for safely and wheels are covered. Tires in great shape. Retail is high 50’s low 60’s it is loaded with every option we are asking $49,900. We bought it to be our lake house for boating weekends but we aren’t coming up as much and we just sold our boat! We are advertising on RV share and Facebook marketplace.

You are probably close on the pricing, though I doubt it would ever sell for $60,000. I would go ahead and spend $100 or so and get it on RVTrader with 20 or so pics. You may be shocked when someone from 500 miles comes and buys it.

Besides rv trader I have had really good luck with adds on craigslist. Lots of pics. If it doesnt sell by end of June i would recommend contacting Lees Rv and talk to them about a consignment. I was a fourty year plus dealer out west and know that Lees was highly respected around the industry in that area. I know it would be sweet to sell in park but the more butts you can put in the seats the better your odds and for better or worse the dealers are where the butts are.

RVtrader is where I found mine. Drove from Oregon to Ohio to pick it up. I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s driven a few miles for their new home.

Latest resources

Back