Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Wander Woman

RVF Newbee
Thank you for the add. I'm here to read others experiences with owning a travel trailer or rv. I need all the help I can get learning the in and outs rv ownership.

Welcome from Georgia!

Welcome from Cincinnati OH
Have you already purchased your TT and tow vehicle?
If so, what did you end up with?

Best advice I can give is, "Make the wheels roll!"

Start close to home, in case, then go more, farther, longer...

Ok, so enthusiasm aside, I started by considered how I would travel. Was I interested in going long distance? Yes. "Drop and plop"? Yes. Driving an over-sized vehicle in urban traffic? No. Did I have an adequately powered tow vehicle? I thought so. I asked myself every question I could think of, then went on picnics and thought about what I'd do if... I asked friends and neighbors.

I then went to every show, every where, until I wasn't seeing anything I hadn't seen before. I considered finances... I ended up in a modest sized (<30 ft) trailer. This because I had a truck and didn't want to pay maintenance on another (MH) motor, because I can drop my "base station" outside of town and use my truck for transportation, because it has storage enough to keep me in victuals and clean clothes for 7-10 days without going to a store.

You're situation will be different, but I would suggest that you're off to a great start - the people here are friendly and helpful; ask questions and, - as it is the point of RVing - enjoy the journey!.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back