Newmar front diesel class a motorhome experience

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We like our mid entry DP.

It seems it would be easier to access the interior of the MH if you are carrying heavy/bulky items and groceries. Also wife likes the way it seperates up the space into eating area and living area
Hi, my wife and your wife are of the same opinion, to hard to get things past the passenger seat on a DP, there is no confincing her. Gas job for us I guess.

For me, the two draw backs would be engine noise and heat generated between the two front seats?
Another possible drawback - long ago, when I was researching, I seem to recall th FREDs depreciate a bit faster..

Another possible drawback - long ago, when I was researching, I seem to recall th FREDs depreciate a bit faster..
Just picked up our 2021 Canyon Star 3927.Traded our Jayco Seneca 37TS super C We really wanted a garage for our four and sometimes more German Shepherds We do alot of dog shows and the extra space in the garage is great After the Canyon Star warms up it runs surprisingly quiet and drives nice Much quieter than our super c You can’t compare this to the old fred chassis as that would be like comparing apples to oranges

With our gasser we hardly hear the engine while cruising down the Hwy. I did add some thick carpeted floor mats and made panels between the engine and wheels to prevent heat transfer to the passenger floor. I’m happy. :)

we've had two coaches with entry through the passenger area and never had any problem with it. Yeah, I see the reasons you might prefer mid entry, but we consider the passenger/ driver area like a 'mudroom'. we handle loading by one of us (usually me) standing near the top of the stairs and Bob is outside handing things up. I lay things on the dash and on the passenger seat until it's full and then I put them away while Bob goes and get some more. I don't mind doing this and I need all the exercise I can get.

Just picked up our 2021 Canyon Star 3927.Traded our Jayco Seneca 37TS super C We really wanted a garage for our four and sometimes more German Shepherds We do alot of dog shows and the extra space in the garage is great After the Canyon Star warms up it runs surprisingly quiet and drives nice Much quieter than our super c You can’t compare this to the old fred chassis as that would be like comparing apples to oranges
Good info.

we've had two coaches with entry through the passenger area and never had any problem with it. Yeah, I see the reasons you might prefer mid entry, but we consider the passenger/ driver area like a 'mudroom'. we handle loading by one of us (usually me) standing near the top of the stairs and Bob is outside handing things up. I lay things on the dash and on the passenger seat until it's full and then I put them away while Bob goes and get some more. I don't mind doing this and I need all the exercise I can get.
Thanks for the input, I will let my wife read your reply. Have a Merry Christmas

We did this in all our F'vers and our new DS, we call it the shuttle

Latest resources

Back