• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Newmar had the dealer meeting today

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
well I missed it due to corporate responsibilities. What did y’all think?

King Aire is amazing, MSRP is now 1,290,000. It's a redesign year for it. Others are minor changes IMHO, nothing making me jump out of my seat to buy. To me and only me, I have a hard time seeing much difference in the living space. The bathrooms and closets are obviously very different. Basement storage is the biggy should I go fulltiming someday. Still on my 10 year ownership plan for my Ventessex (VTEX).

Since the 40' 2018-2020 MADP actually measures 40'10" overall, how much longer is the 41' MADP really? Did they just add 2" or is it now 41'10"? I can't find an overall length spec on the 2021s yet.

TJ

Last edited:
Since the 40' 2018-2020 MDP actually measures 40'10" overall, how much longer is the 41' MADP really? Did they just add 2" or is it now 41'10"? I can't find an overall length spec on the 2021s yet.

TJ
Angie commented that the added length allowed for the bigger rectangular shower. Think it was only the 2" difference. Thought her comment was that the new model is now 41' in length.

Since the 40' 2018-2020 MDP actually measures 40'10" overall, how much longer is the 41' MADP really? Did they just add 2" or is it now 41'10"? I can't find an overall length spec on the 2021s yet.

TJ

My bet is a full 1 foot longer.

@Neal Why not a Venkingessex?

The King Aire is amazing...of course, it should be at that price point. Love the hardware-less cabinetry, but don‘t love the high gloss...fingerprint magnet. I spec’d low gloss in my New Aire. I only saw 2 changes in the New Aire, at least that she covered...the pantry has the new slides that push to lock, eliminating the need for a pantry lock button (minor), and the option for a Spartan chassis.

I'm wondering if Newmar really thought this 41' thing all the way through?

There are a number of states that have special licensing and/or road restrictions for coaches longer than 40'. In most cases, the manufacturer's model designation (e.g. 4018) is accepted as the official length even if the coach physically measures somewhat longer, like our MADP 4047 actually measuring 40' 10".

This could be an unintended consequence of a marketing decision.

TJ

I'm wondering if Newmar really thought this 41' thing all the way through?

There are a number of states that have special licensing and/or road restrictions for coaches longer than 40'...

Plenty of people out there driving 43’ers without any kind of special licensing as well. All depends on your state of residence.

Personally, I wouldn’t let a licensing requirement stand in the way of getting the coach that I felt was the right choice for my needs and I would assume that most buyers of a Newmar product would do also just take the time to get the license they need for the coach they want...or change their state of residence.

Latest resources

Back