Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Newmar needs to pay attention to what newer customers are saying about their service.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

DHudson

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 3858
RV Length
38 ft
TOW/TOAD
None
Fulltimer
No
Granted, I will never be able to afford a new coach more than likely. However, there are potential buyers watching and reading the same things I watch and read.
It doesn't take much to see that customer perception of customer service (or lack of) has fallen off quite a bit the last few years.
I searched out a used Newmar based on what I had read about quality build and customer service. I will say, I have been impressed with the service I have received from their parts dept. and the person that offered and sent me a build sheet of a 20 year old coach at no charge.
But, I see more and more videos and stories saying that issues are not being resolved in a timely manor now. I just think they need to address this issue before they start loosing customers.
I know this last year was a year from deep within Hell for every company out there, but companies need to devote manpower to their customer base to keep the communication line open. That is what I here most from customers. No prompt response from customer service. Customers call for help and have to leave a call back number. Then it takes forever to receive a returned call. I for one HATE automated answering systems. It goes a LONG way with me if I call a company and get "ABC Company, how may I direct your call?"
Here is a video from a "lost" customer because of lack of service.

I wonder, if it is a combination of who you speak with and your approach.

My previous rig was a Forest River, Forester. It had its share of issues, a major one discovered after the warranty expired, but likely present from the beginning. There were no questions asked? All was documented and submitted to the dealer and the company. The factory did an excellent job of repairing everything at no charge.

This was much better than Ford. I called about the deteriorated shock bushings which were bad on day one. My call was one day after the warranty exired.Heywould not address this. Beware, the clock starts ticking on the Ford warranty when they sell the chassis to the manufacturer - not when you buy it. I love Ford vehicles, but that policy stinks.

Moving on to Newmar, I just completed the first year. Their work and customer service has been excellent, so far - all except for the emergency number, which never got answered, nor did I ever receive a call back when almost stranded on the way home from the FPU. I guess no one is perfect.

So, I hope the good experiences continue as time goes on, under the Winnebago flag.

Latest resources

Back