• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Recall Newmar Recall/Fuel Rail Assembly

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Since it's a Cummins issue concerning the fuel rail assembly, freightliner might not be the best place to have work completed. I believe only certain engines classes, not all models although listed are included. Check NHTSA Admins site with your vin to see if your model/chassis is affected. I will wait for my letter. Chattanooga Cummins is a great place to go to have work done.

It's in your browser. Under tools, you can choose a new private or incognito tab, then try the site.

I just verified my vin worked...I will PM you my vin so you can see if it's browser or vin related
I'm in private mode and still get "The VIN you entered cannot be processed at this time...."

Since it's a Cummins issue concerning the fuel rail assembly, freightliner might not be the best place to have work completed. I believe only certain engines classes, not all models although listed are included. Check NHTSA Admins site with your vin to see if your model/chassis is affected. I will wait for my letter. Chattanooga Cummins is a great place to go to have work done.
You bring up a good point. What I don't know is how the warranty works between Cummins & Spartan/Freightliner. I have had no trouble getting Cummins to diagnose and look at engine problems in the past, and they have even diagnosed and worked on Chassis issues related to the codes being sent. Worth a shot!

Not all. Appears to be spartan only. My vin is not included and neither are 2 other FL vins in model year covered.

All 3 spartan vins I tried where covered.

Another indicator is only 2019+ Ventana covered. 2019 is when spartan was first available for Ventana
Now, now let's not make it about Spartan vs. FL....it's a Cummins thing. ? At the other place, Dutch Star Don mentions he received a recall notice on his 2019 DS on a FL...

Now, now let's not make it about Spartan vs. FL....it's a Cummins thing. ? At the other place, Dutch Star Don mentions he received a recall notice on his 2019 DS on a FL...
Yes--I got my recall today---see my post #10 above :)

I do find it odd that Freightliner came out so late after Spartan. If this is truly just a cummins issue, then the only excuse is FL is just so big, they can't make changes quickly and cannot be bothered to send updates out quickly.

FL has done terrible with recalls in the last 2 years. Covid Supply chains really have affected them. Spartan too has been affected, but they only have DEF and Fuel Rail recalls to worry about. FL has 4 open recalls without resolution at this point.

PDM
DASH Brightness
DASH Functionality
Fuel Rail

Redbaron, I think, but do not hold me to this. Engine has 3 years, Transmission either 3-5 years. Genset two years if I remember correctly. Had coolant leak on ME, freightliner could not find it when I took it there. Cummins could not either, but tightened hose connections, and it went away. Go figure. People herein have commented Freightliner does not as a routine item, check for software updates to the chassis or engine, you have to request it, hmmm. Believe Cummins check SW as routine, and they check for codes as well. Ok, to this day, still struggle with updating the time, etc. on the odometer LCD display. Normally would clear trip meter, again, don't use it enough to remember to do it so do math on mileage traveled. Suppose if I did it 10 times in a row I would not forget. Never seem to take time. Going to check vin and see what we will see. Believe it's for the ILS and higher HP engines. According to VIN, no recalls present which I have to worry about. But we are dealing with the government, so will wait until I have a letter or something.

Last edited:
Cummins & Allison both have 5 year as of 2019. Not sure about prior.

Hah. Didn’t see Bill’s post above yours either. ?

Latest resources

Back