• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Newmar Slide Out Motor Bolt Check

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Another indication is the slide hanging up a bit and then overpowering whatever it was hung up on and proceeding in or out.
Now I see. Will have to dig into it. And the hanging up has just started so will check. Thank you for the explanation.

The scabbing of material is also on the countertops. And then there is Newmars reliance on self tapping screws, even into fiberglass with no backer except spray foam.

Regards

Newer mind the staples. I have pulled hundreds from loose wood parts and molding.

On mine the hanging up was very minor at first so that I thought it was just a result of the coach aging. But it got worse and then I started seeing aluminum shavings in the compartment below the slide. The result is in the previous posts and pics.

The thing does just fine without the brush material but its there for a reason and eventsually I’ll fix it or get it fixed, one way or another, but definitely not identical to the original installation.

Newer mind the staples. I have pulled hundreds from loose wood parts and molding.
I looked at a new (2020) Ventana when I was shopping for mine and the valance over the accent lighting was already hanging loose. I sometimes regret passing on a new one but I really think mine is built better than the new ones even with its faults. And it only had 16k miles on it so it was pretty close to new.

Latest resources

Back