Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

NIRVC Lewisville...How to schedule service?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

redbaron

Staff member
RVF Moderator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have a broken windshield. Since I am buying my 2022 LADP from NIRVC, and they are ha flung the sale of my 2019 DSDP, I figured I would use them for my windshield replacement.

I called after hours on Friday, and upon realizing that it was so late there, I didn't attempt to leave a message.

I did go online Friday and fill out the web request for service. This seemed to be something that Brett was bragging about, and I was impressed to see that option online.

Well, I am no longer impressed. Its been 2 full business days, and no response or acknowledgement of my request.

Is the web the right method? I have tried to leave messages in the past and those haven't worked. What is the correct way to get a response?

I am a firm believer in using the telephone! E-mails/web apps don’t seem to get much priority in most businesses. Call the NIRVC service department and, if you have to, stay on hold for as long as it takes for a real person to come on the line. Is it as convenient as sending an e-mail? Likely not. Is it more effective? Absolutely!

TJ

Last edited:
I am a firm believer in using the telephone! E-mails/web apps don’t seem top get much priority in most businesses. Call the NIRVC service department and, if you have to, stay on hold for as long as it takes for a real person to come on the line. Is it as convenient as sending an e-mail? Likely not. Is it more effective? Absolutely!

TJ
They have a central receptionist in Atlanta. She transfers you to the Lewisville number which goes to voice-mail. Those calls have never been returned for me.

They have a central receptionist in Atlanta. She transfers you to the Lewisville number which goes to voice-mail. Those calls have never been returned for me.
Given that, I would contact Brett directly. If he is really as concerned about customer service as he says, this is something he would want to know about.

TJ

Given that, I would contact Brett directly. If he is really as concerned about customer service as he says, this is something he would want to know about.

TJ
I hear ya...but that seems excessive for a windshield doesn't it? If that is the only way to get service...just how much service are they losing out on? Sure, I can reach @Brett Davis on this message board, but the average Joe Schmoe doesn't even know who that is...nor would they stick around to try to get service. There has to be a better way.

I appreciate the fact that you don’t want to unnecessarily elevate this to the top, but it seems like the two normal service communication channels are simply not working. The “central switchboard” thing seems counter-productive. If you can’t reach the service department directly at the facility you want to use, what good is the phone system? And, if they don’t answer their online service requests, what good is that?

If I was Brett Davis, I would want to know that there is a problem with my customer communication system. YMMV.

TJ

I appreciate the fact that you don’t want to unnecessarily elevate this to the top, but it seems like the two normal service communication channels are simply not working. The “central switchboard” thing seems counter-productive. If you can’t reach the service department directly at the facility you want to use, what good is the phone system? And, if they don’t answer their online service requests, what good is that?

If I was Brett Davis, I would want to know that there is a problem with my customer communication system. YMMV.

TJ
Well we will see how the bat signal mention works on my above post. :)

@redbaron Wish I would have known of the issue you are having earlier. I was just at NIRVC Lewisville yesterday afternoon, I would have been happy to walk over to service & found someone to give you a call. It's been over a year since I've been to NIRVC Lewisville for service but my experience was good. My call to make an appointment got right through and the service went well even with them having to deal with my extended service company. Based on your recent experience it sure seems like something is broken! I think Brett would appreciate letting him know there's an issue. Seems to me like he's working too hard to have something that should be a easy fix causing customer frustration.

Same issue trying to schedule service in Atlanta! Need to get the chassis her annual service. Was supposed to be at Gaffney this week but life had other plans.

Haven’t called NIRVC yet, only used the form but will call today and see how that goes.
Called this morning. No answer after being transferred to service. Had to leave a voicemail.

@Neal i was going to have them detail the interior and exterior but I think in your 7k in 7 months post, you mentioned their detailing wasn’t up to par. Was it just interior that let you down or exterior as well? I could see how interior might be a bit subjective.

Last edited:
I thought about the steps I took as a programmer...I chose service as the department. This may need to be a paint and body message, so I resubmitted as paint and body this morning.

Latest resources

Back