Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have spent a lot of time recently on the topic of Newmar quality, and have talked to many of you specifically about NIRVC and Brett Davis' plan to change the industry.

Here is an article that details the plan:

From the article:

Here is the plan set forth by Newmar and NIRVC​

1. No more authorizations needed. NIRVC’s highly qualified technicians are free to identify the problem and start work immediately.

2. NIRVC will stock the 200 to 300 fastest turning parts at each one of the NIRVC locations. The stocking level at each location is determined by the historical mix of the models sold and serviced at each National Indoor RV Center location.

3. The larger, slower turning, more expensive parts will be housed at NIRVC’s Texas facility where Southwest Airlines has multiple flights every day to each one of the other NIRVC location cities. Needed parts can be put on a plane from Texas very quickly to help get your Newmar motorhome back on the road. Naturally, there will be limits to what can be stocked, furniture comes to mind for example. Still, the goal is to have every part where it’s needed in under 24 hours.

4. The manufacturer, in this case Newmar, would relocate one of their senior service personnel to be based at that same Texas facility, but will be able to travel to all NIRVC locations in order cut through any friction they may encounter with any supplier.

This is HUGE news for all Newmar owners. Owners of any brand motorhome will be greatly impacted as the market place shifts to compete.

It is going to take time, but keeping the pressure up is important! Make sure your feedback to Newmar is direct, so that the voice of the customer is not lost.

Glory be, it's about time. I am a Honda automobile dealer and I just scratch my head when it comes to the level of service on Rv's. I did buy at NIRV and they have been very good but on the manufactures end they have a lot to learn as compared to the auto industry. I realize there a whole lot more components that are purchased from outside vendors on RV's but for the price of these things the level of service needs great improvement. With Newmar's mobile service in Florida and now this partnership with NIRV hopefully this is the start of a much less frustrating RV ownership experience.

Good News but idk where they’re going to put all the parts in GA. That places is stuffed to the gills.

Good News but idk where they’re going to put all the parts in GA. That places is stuffed to the gills.
For sure, pulled in late last week and had to boondock till morning to turn our coach over. Busy shop for sure!

Bravo Zulu to Newmar. They have excellent survival skills, and recognized the urgency to act! I know Brett has all the manufactures attention now, some just move slower than others. Once this gets rolling, those late to the party will experience higher than desired levels of pain and frustration.

I hope Entegra can overcome inertia and get onboard soon. My belief is they should go big, or stay home.

I just discovered this thread on NIRVC. After reading it from the beginning I feel fortunate that by accident I ordered my new motor home from NIRVC Atlanta GA and waited months for it to come in. It will be delivered to me here in Texas sometime in the next 2 weeks. My concern has been, when needed where would I have it serviced. I know my little Beyond 22C li3 is a little fish the motor home pond. However it’s a big purchase for me. I could have bought a pretty nice class A for what this thing cost. I retired after over 40 years in recreational industry, Boats and RV sales and dealership management. I have seen this industry grow from a lot of small family business’s to a few large corporate holdings. That growth has not always been in the retail buyers favor. Brett Davis sounds like a breath of fresh air that this industry needs at this time. He will need all the support he can get.

I just discovered this thread on NIRVC. After reading it from the beginning I feel fortunate that by accident I ordered my new motor home from NIRVC Atlanta GA and waited months for it to come in. It will be delivered to me here in Texas sometime in the next 2 weeks. My concern has been, when needed where would I have it serviced. I know my little Beyond 22C li3 is a little fish the motor home pond. However it’s a big purchase for me. I could have bought a pretty nice class A for what this thing cost. I retired after over 40 years in recreational industry, Boats and RV sales and dealership management. I have seen this industry grow from a lot of small family business’s to a few large corporate holdings. That growth has not always been in the retail buyers favor. Brett Davis sounds like a breath of fresh air that this industry needs at this time. He will need all the support he can get.
To follow up on supporting Mr Davis. Give NIRVC all of your service, parts & accessory business you possibly can. It is easy to say they have service stacked up now that they can’t handle. Believe me as he gets the warranty and supply problems worked out, there’s nothing he would rather do than hire more technicians and support staff to meet the demand. It is not always possible or convenient to get in to one of their locations but, when you can buy as many of your parts and supplies you can. The few bucks you would have saved at the big box or online can go further than you think towards supporting Mr Davis in his quest to keeping our RVs on the road.

Starting to look to downsize from my Class A Tiffin. Has NIRVC lived up to the service improvements that were made?

I can't speak to the NIRVC piece but my $.02 is anyone that has a coach that they're happy with, shaken down, kinks worked out, keep it! Prices of today's coaches and quality tanking post pandemic, you may regret letting go of what you have so think really hard about it.

Agree, but with the size that I have, it is really difficult finding a space that will accommodate in state parks. If we had a 27 footer, we wouldn’t have any problems.

Latest resources

Back