• Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

LMHS

RVF VIP

Mama Bear RV Park
Capitan, NM
April 2024

Stayed here 1 night in a 21ft long truck camper (W/30AMP/S). Very clean bathroom. A lot of monthlies. I don't mind that. The site (#20 is a "short" site) is all gravel but under a tall tree. Cost was $33 including tax (pd cash). At this time, the website was not set up to make an online reservation. I had to call the park directly. Wifi is available but I don't know how it is as I used my cellphone as a hotspot to get online.

Walked to the Smokey Bear Restaurant About US to pick up a couple burgers (yummy) to go (lunch). Since we had the dog with us, we wanted to look at the outside tables. There are about 3 tables tucked next to the building on the West side of the building. I waited there with the dog while my daughter went inside and ordered. Very fast service.

Walked to the Smokey Bear Historical Park & Visitor's Center Smokey Bear Historical Park - Forestry which was cute. Had a nice little movie and displays about forest fire fighting. It was interesting to me since I once worked with a woman whose hubby was a "fire jumper" as well as knowing a few people who were "hotshots" for the National Forests. Then we walked around the little outside park. It was worth the $2 per person entry fee. Sadly, there are no pets allowed so the dog had to stay in the camper. Also there are no food or drinks allowed either (NOT on the website and we didn't know until we walked in the door).

We will stay again here. It will make a nice spot to stay when we visit Lincoln Historic Site Lincoln Historic Site and Fort Stanton Historic Site Fort Stanton Historic Site

Latest resources

Back