RV Year
RV Make
Winnebago
RV Model
Voyage
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
Seeking recommendations for camping inthe Taos, NM area.

Prefer site with electric hookup.

Have a Class A rig to drive and camp in the area.

I stayed at Angel Fire, great campground. High elevation so if you have anything such as a sleep number bed be sure to deflate it first. And give yourself time to acclimate.

Following ...... I was "told" one of the states we'll be visiting next August/September is New Mexico. The research and planning will begin once we get home from our current expedition at the end of October.

Edit: I should have included, our preference is for boondocking as often as practical.

Last edited:
We will be staying at Taos Monte Bella Rv for a couple of days starting this Sunday. I’ll post a review & pictures.

Second for Angel Fire. Narrow winding roads with steep grades so make sure your equipment is in good shape. Well worth the drive! Beautiful area of NM. IF you have the time Hwy 4 though the Jemez mountains will take you into Bandelier National Monument, the Valle Caldera and Los Alamos which has a great Atomic Museum.

IMG_5114.jpeg
IMG_5116.jpeg
IMG_5115.jpeg
Taos Monte Bello Rv, just a couple of miles out of Taos right off 64. All gravel but very clean large spots with nice views. Only $49/night. Certainly not in the same league as Angel Fire but a whole lot closer to Taos, especially with the construction going on on the road to Angel Fire.

View attachment 20851View attachment 20852View attachment 20853Taos Monte Bello Rv, just a couple of miles out of Taos right off 64. All gravel but very clean large spots with nice views. Only $49/night. Certainly not in the same league as Angel Fire but a whole lot closer to Taos, especially with the construction going on on the road to Angel Fire.
Thank you for your reply. We appreciate your experience. Is the road open to Angel Fire and beyond to IH 25?

Seeking recommendations for camping inthe Taos, NM area.

Prefer site with electric hookup.

Have a Class A rig to drive and camp in the area.
We stayed at Taos Monte Bello. Enjoyed it a bunch! Great walking path out in the field to let the dog go and stretch her legs as well as yours. We are planning a trip back in 2023

Latest resources

Back