• Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I have been following RVs for almost two years now. I want to buy one, but,,,,

This seems to be the story line.
  1. Buy new RV
  2. Spend two years fighting with the dealer
  3. Find a good RV tech
  4. Fix the problems
Not sure what happens 5 or 7 years down the road.

I have been following RVs for almost two years now. I want to buy one, but,,,,

This seems to be the story line.
  1. Buy new RV
  2. Spend two years fighting with the dealer
  3. Find a good RV tech
  4. Fix the problems
Not sure what happens 5 or 7 years down the road.
You can buy a late model rig for a bunch less than a new one. Properly chosen, the previous owner will have already taken care of the issues, or the majority of them anyway.

You can buy a late model rig for a bunch less than a new one. Properly chosen, the previous owner will have already taken care of the issues, or the majority of them anyway.
True. I hope Thor is being somewhat misleading regarding getting parts as spoken to in the OP

The big issue with the RV is knowing who made the systems that Thor used. Schwintech slide mech, Lippert Jacks etc so I just bypass Thor when buying parts. I do my own work so these have not been big problems to overcome.

I am sure the same can be said for RV owners as boat owners.

The best two days in the owners life is when they buy and when they find another sucker.
Truth is the owner settles in and looks at the toy as a labor of love, they find most days, days to rejoice.

Neither boat or RV carries with it the romance the salesmen sells.

I have to say I am very pleased with the support from Thor customer support. I have a 2013 Four Winds 23U and they have be helpful each time I have called. Ordered several parts, electrical systems, and today had questions on reupholstering. Check the website and customer service no.

I am so grateful that I can do all my own work. With that being said I think looking for a independent shop would be a good route to take. Seems like most dealers do not hire good quality technicians or can't pay for good technicians. Also most RV's owners also would not pay what a good technician would cost. To make matters worse the trades can not replace the aging work force, the younger work force is not interested in manual labor. I am in the aviation industry and just a few years from retirement, this industry has a severe shortage of qualified techs. To the point where I question if I will continue to fly on commercial aircraft.

Latest resources

Back