RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler unlimited
Fulltimer
No
I'm getting around late this spring flushing the antifreeze out of my Newmar Dutch Star 4310. I have discovered that there is very little pressure from the hot side in my master shower. The hot water pressure in all other faucets is fine. Im curious on how to access the mixing valve as I have guessed this may be my problem. A little history we purchased this motorhome used last fall and had no opportunity to take it out before now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I'm getting around late this spring flushing the antifreeze out of my Newmar Dutch Star 4310. I have discovered that there is very little pressure from the hot side in my master shower. The hot water pressure in all other faucets is fine. Im curious on how to access the mixing valve as I have guessed this may be my problem. A little history we purchased this motorhome used last fall and had no opportunity to take it out before now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Ok so I have access now but I can't figure out how to remove the cartridge or this black piece of decorative trim.

Attachments

• IMG_4384.jpeg
    IMG_4384.jpeg
    756.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4385.jpeg
    IMG_4385.jpeg
    940.2 KB · Views: 13
Ok so I have access now but I can't figure out how to remove the cartridge or this black piece of decorative trim.
Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I replaced my faucet soon after buying it, so that may be your best option. Do you have the water miser?

Well I’m not sure about the miser. I did finally figure out how to remove the cartridge from the valve body and ordered it from Newmar. They acted like it was most likely the problem and I’m sure hoping that is right. How would I go about finding out if the water miser exists on this coach?
Thank you.

Well I’m not sure about the miser. I did finally figure out how to remove the cartridge from the valve body and ordered it from Newmar. They acted like it was most likely the problem and I’m sure hoping that is right. How would I go about finding out if the water miser exists on this coach?
Thank you.
You would know….as it is the function in the shower that recycles water back to the tank to save water while waiting for the hot water to arrive.

And it very well could be the cartridge as they can get gunked up from hard water and minerals.

Can you post a picture of your shower wall from handle up to shower head? If you have a miser there should be an indicator that changes color when the hot water has reached the shower. I don't know what year Newmar started installing them.

Have you tried turning on the BURNER on the OASIS control panel to ensure you in fact have a good source of hot water? You have AC I/II which is just the electric heating elements which is 5000 BTU per element whereas the diesel burner is 50K BTU and a much better source of hot water.

Latest resources

Back