Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
6.7 ISB 360/800
TOW/TOAD
2001 Jeep Wrangler
Fulltimer
No
Just wondering if I’m the only insomniac, which seems rather unlikely. My current condition has me awake more than asleep during the night although I’ve always been a very early riser. Now it’s just earlier. Like 11pm, or midnight. Anyway search as I might I don’t think I ever see any posts here after about 8 or 9pm pacific. Not that it matters but I do find it a bit curious. Thoughts?

As a conversation starter (if anyone is awake out there) the picture below is of our new Old Folks home, because just as I could no longer handle the workload of the coach, I can also no longer handle the farm and all the work that comes with it. So we bought this and will probably move here in the next couple years (or sooner if things get worse) and become townies. It will be a big change from our quiet secluded bucolic existence but this is two blocks from down town and all the attractions therein so it has its appeal. Built in 1940 with all the features you’d expect of the end of the craftsman era, it is charming and pleasant and fortunately has good neighbors.

IMG_3449.jpeg

Hi Rich,

I made a post here a while back about my sleep issues. I made a few changes and I’m doing better, but there are still days/nights that four hours sleep is all I can squeeze out. On the plus side, I got nearly ten hours the night before last. It’s a crapshoot.

Your new place looks very nice. I hope it all works out in your favor.

I’m in a lot of constant pain so primarily I only sleep when I’m exhausted and that knows no schedule. I got some sleep during the day yesterday which is highly unusual for me but was quite welcome and while I was doing that my DW cleaned up my most recent garage disaster (after prepping the coach for sale and delivery) since I’m supposed to stay off my feet.

Crazy set of circumstances I’m adjusting to, but I have appointments all week/month to try to figure out what’s going on. In the mean time I’ll be staring at my iPad at all hours hoping I can provide some useful input or learn something or otherwise keep myself occupied. Hence the Night Crew call out….

The house is small and pleasant and has a basement workshop and an old shed in the corner of the back yard with a brick fireplace that may have been an incinerator a few decades back but with a little masonry and imagination may well become an outdoor pizza oven. The place needs just enough work to keep me busy on small projects that I can easily manage. For now we’ll lease it out year by year and it needs nothing to be a successful rental.

We're at the opposite end of the sleep cycle, in a way. Have an 18 month old who wakes up every night between 3 and 5 am and has decided he won't go down for his mother and can't go back down if he doesn't have a bottle. We're doing our best to convince him otherwise on both counts but it's tough because if he cries and screams too long, he'll wake his siblings.

You are "coping" extremely well with your change in life's circumstances Rich. When I encountered Guillain-Barre it changed everything about my (our) life. And although it wasn't necessary to end the RV lifestyle, the process needed modifying. You seem to indicate the (root) cause of your symptoms is yet determined so we pray you will find good doctors to investigate and zero in on your issue(s). Thank you for sharing your life post motorhome...we will all be there one day. Blessings

8-9 o’clock? That is barely the time of the evening snack.🤣

We're at the opposite end of the sleep cycle, in a way. Have an 18 month old who wakes up every night between 3 and 5 am and has decided he won't go down for his mother and can't go back down if he doesn't have a bottle. We're doing our best to convince him otherwise on both counts but it's tough because if he cries and screams too long, he'll wake his siblings.
You know, as sucky as that sounds, I wouldn’t mind having that problem again. It would mean I was able to turn back the hands of time and perhaps exercise a few do-overs. I have a wide and varied menu of do-overs queued up should the opportunity arise.

Might have something to do with my sleep issues.

Rich,
Are we talking Grass Valley here?
Olive St in Auburn. GV has a lot to offer but is more spread out - we prefer Auburn. We’ve been watching the craftsman neighborhoods in Auburn for about 20 years and the houses don’t come up for sale very often. This one actually wasn’t for sale but we liked it and contacted the owner and here we are in the final stages of purchase.

Latest resources

Back