• Commercial/Vendors welcome

No night crew?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Just checking in with the night crew. Had about the worst possible experience with the medical system yesterday (four different stops) but it ended with some ct scans that might somehow help so hopefully worth it. Managed almost four straight hours of sleep tonight so that’s not bad either.

Tomorrow I’ll try again for a temp handicap thing so I can park closer to these appointments. Seeing people parked in the blue zones with nothing on their cars and watching one guy just stroll on into the hospital from his Lexus without a care in the world while I hiked out to my truck on crutches that I bought from goodwill was a taxing but I behaved myself. I figured if I did that I’d get fined and I went looking for security but they were not to be found. Oh well.

This is all new to me but I’m clearly not the only one who’s been down this road, and while it’s not in my nature to whine on social media about my tales of woe, it seems helpful to vent a bit (I’ve been incredibly brief) and hopefully ok here and I appreciate comments and pms. Cheers Brothers.

Just checking in with the night crew. Had about the worst possible experience with the medical system yesterday (four different stops) but it ended with some ct scans that might somehow help so hopefully worth it. Managed almost four straight hours of sleep tonight so that’s not bad either.

Tomorrow I’ll try again for a temp handicap thing so I can park closer to these appointments. Seeing people parked in the blue zones with nothing on their cars and watching one guy just stroll on into the hospital from his Lexus without a care in the world while I hiked out to my truck on crutches that I bought from goodwill was a taxing but I behaved myself. I figured if I did that I’d get fined and I went looking for security but they were not to be found. Oh well.

This is all new to me but I’m clearly not the only one who’s been down this road, and while it’s not in my nature to whine on social media about my tales of woe, it seems helpful to vent a bit (I’ve been incredibly brief) and hopefully ok here and I appreciate comments and pms. Cheers Brothers.
I understand your frustrations with "seemingly" healthy folks taking up handicapped parking. I have a tag that I don't use anymore. I just received too many shaming notes from folks who thought "if you own a Jeep, you just can't be handicapped". Well they were correct. Sort of. The tag was used only when I took my 92 year old wheel chair bound M I L out. I now just drop mom off and go park my jeep in a normal spot. I can walk, mom doesn't mind waiting for me to park and I feel better making a spot available that needs it more than we do.

Here's hoping your health improves quickly.

Darrell

I understand your frustrations with "seemingly" healthy folks taking up handicapped parking. I have a tag that I don't use anymore. I just received too many shaming notes from folks who thought "if you own a Jeep, you just can't be handicapped". Well they were correct. Sort of. The tag was used only when I took my 92 year old wheel chair bound M I L out. I now just drop mom off and go park my jeep in a normal spot. I can walk, mom doesn't mind waiting for me to park and I feel better making a spot available that needs it more than we do.

Here's hoping your health improves quickly.

Darrell
Here we have two different tags - blue if the driver is disabled and red if they have a passenger who's disabled. Saves on some of that confusion.

Latest resources

Back