Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummings ,450 hp
TOW/TOAD
2014 Dodge caravan
Fulltimer
No
I own a 2011 42 ft Fleetwood Providence RV with a 450 horse Cummings and TVa Spartan chassis. We live in the northwest corner of Minnesota and want to go south for the winter. 3 days before we were going to leave I started the motorhome which is needed to open the slides to load the perishables in. We loaded the perishables ran the furnace to keep it warm and on the third day we were ready to leave. I turn the key on and nothing lit up on the dash and no start. I got a diesel mechanic to come out and he worked 4 hours testing circus and could not find an issue. We are remote and do not have an RV dealer with or RV mobile repair service. He was able to find a wire that would bring power to the dash and jumper the with 12 volts and the motorhome would start. I went to the controller of the slides and it did nothing. When I push the retract button the display said start engine. We had to crank the slides in manually and we were able to leave the cold weather and go south. I have lights radio and camera working but no power mirrors and no heater control fan position switch or temperature. Does anyone know of a circuit regulator or fuse that may have blowing to cause the problem of slide operation.

Your acc. Circuit fuse would be my guess. You may have two of them. Once again that too is a guess!

Latest resources

Back