Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

No water pressure when connected to city water.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Just a wild, crazy thought here, but could it be the supply hose you are using has some kind of blockage in it? Have you tried swapping out the hose?

TJ

Last edited:
Just a wild, crazy thought here, but could it be the supply hose you are using as some kind of blockage in it? Have you tried swapping out the hose?

TJ

The water comes out full force... no blockage in supply line.

Just wondering, are you sure that the check valve is installed with the flow the correct direction? If you installed the new one the same as the original, there is a possibility that it was installed backwards during construction.

The new one does not have a check valve
I'm a little confused here. In your initial post, you said "I removed and replaced the one way valves (back-flow valves) on the end of the inlets as one was defective yet water still is only a trickle." If one or both of those replacements was installed backwards (what I think @Gronk is getting at), it would stop water flowing in. It is all-too-easy to get those things in backwards; been there and done that even when I was being really careful. :ROFLMAO:

TJ

I just checked the water pump and all lines going to and from it. There isn't any attached parts that could be considered a check valve.
the back flow valve is in the water connection then. You should be able to remove it from the outside.

I'm a little confused here. In your initial post, you said "I removed and replaced the one way valves (back-flow valves) on the end of the inlets as one was defective yet water still is only a trickle." If one or both of those replacements was installed backwards (what I think @Gronk is getting at), it would stop water flowing in. It is all-too-easy to get those things in backwards; been there and done that even when I was being really careful. :ROFLMAO:

TJ

The new unit I replaced did not have a back-flow preventer. The old one did... So, just in case, I ordered the replacement without that internal mechanism.

Also, the city water fill hardware has female garden hose on one side and male 1/2" NPT on the other. It can only go in one direction.

While I still would love to fix this issue, I've decided to connect the water to the lowest-point drain which is basically a "T" along the PEX tubing so I can have use of city water at an adequate pressure.

I've also come to the conclusion that I can't snake a wire through the tubing to try to break up the thing that could be causing a blockage as there are too many 90° bends and turns.

I'm afraid I have run out of ideas. Good luck in solving the problem.

TJ

Latest resources

Back