Rustymayes

RVF VIP
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Fulltimer
No
My 2022 Dutch Star has the two cantilevered awnings. When I deploy them there is a nerve wracking squeal emanating from the center rail guides. I looked at them yesterday and was going to try to lubricate them but am wondering if that is a good idea. I though there would be a bearing on a roller of some kind but it looks more like all of the guide parts are made of some polymer of some kind. I don't want to oil them as that will just attract dust and make a mess. Has anyone looked into this? It may be just normal and nothing to worry about. In my experience, things that squeak and grind usually eventually fail.????

Silicone spray.

Maybe dry film spray. It does not collect dirt.
Of course, something could be out of adjustment.

My 2022 Dutch Star has the two cantilevered awnings. When I deploy them there is a nerve wracking squeal emanating from the center rail guides. I looked at them yesterday and was going to try to lubricate them but am wondering if that is a good idea. I though there would be a bearing on a roller of some kind but it looks more like all of the guide parts are made of some polymer of some kind. I don't want to oil them as that will just attract dust and make a mess. Has anyone looked into this? It may be just normal and nothing to worry about. In my experience, things that squeak and grind usually eventually fail.????
Let me check, our Superstar does the same and I researched the correct lube for them.

I’ll report back with what I dug up from my files.

Mine do the same thing on my 2019 London Aire. I called Girard and the said try cleaning the tracks and use silicone spray but it did not do a thing. They did not seem not to worried about it, stopping short of saying it was normal.

I picked up some dry lube to try. Its not a big deal I guess. I just brought it up in case anyone saw it as a precursor to some sort of failure.
Thanks

Ours sounds like Freddy Kruger sometimes. We have had success by cleaning the channel of the center beam using 303 and a rag. The noise will come back though.

Here is the file from Newgle that I located…..

Dry lube - graphite, silicone, or teflon.

Attachments

• What If My Girard Awning Squeaks_.pdf
    5.6 MB · Views: 12
Try "TB-9", a dry lube designed by Boeing. Available on Amazon.
Works well, & doesn't seem to get a dust build-up.
I use it on my steps, & awning as well!

Latest resources

Back