• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Not wearing gloves while dumping tanks?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I always wear my (reusable) rubber work gloves and wash my hands as soon as I'm done. Anything else is disgusting.

Pleading no contest...

We're obsessive about glove-wearing and buy disposables by the case from Amazon. Bob has even considered a disposable suit 😂 he hates the job, but has it down to a science. I'm gonna make a separate post - this funny! and hopefully will help others avoid this.

I would like to thank the participants in this thread to allow me to do something new, put yuck down my sock and shoe while finagling with the sanicon hose getting it connected at my new CG.

I would like to thank the participants in this thread to allow me to do something new, put yuck down my sock and shoe while finagling with the sanicon hose getting it connected at my new CG.
Now you can add full ppg to your list of must haves!!!

I used to have this problem and thought I’d have to replace the black tank valve, but I started backwashing the black valve surfaces by leaving the black valve open for a few seconds after opening the grey valve.
I don't think the way it's connected will allow me to do that. And I don't think it's from the black tank. I think the gasket on the grey tank valve is the culprit. It only started doing this a few months ago. I have since had the grey valve apart to replace the damaged pipe (stupid design) and noticed the gasket looked "aged" and dry. If it's not actually cracked to the point of leaking, then it's very close and the gasket isn't sealing completely. The first time after fixing the grey pipe, I had put several gallons of clean water into the grey system and let it sit for several days to make sure there were no leaks in the repairs. The cap had a half cup of water in it even with the grey valve securely closed. I need to buy a replacement and take it apart yet again and if I'm doing one, I might as well do both. I did have enough sense to replace the old rusted nuts and bolts on the grey valve with new SS ones. So it should be an easy fix. I just need to buy new SS screws for the black valve, dump and flush the tanks before taking the valves apart. Until then, It's going to sit with a teaspoon to a tablespoon of liquid between the valves and the cap. The more I use it the less it leaks.

When my daughter bought the truck camper, the people who owned it were very proud when they told us that they didn't use the fresh, grey or black tanks (or the oven which bakes surprisingly well and looks brand new). On the way home, I told my daughter that likely meant dried out valve seals and the water pump might need to be replaced. And we needed to keep an eye on them in case we had to replace them. We did replace the water heater immediately. It wouldn't heat. That was two years ago. On the other hand, we use the tanks all the time! The truck camper is our portable bathroom/dog house that we take into town every few days as well as our personal "rolling apartment and motel room". We live in an RV park and I can dump the camper for free as often as I like. That's handy.

There’s a bunch of people here whose hand I will never shake. Just sayin’.
So just out of curiosity!!! Do you put your rubber gloves on before you wipe your.....but please don't tell me!!!

So just out of curiosity!!! Do you put your rubber gloves on before you wipe your.....but please don't tell me!!!
😂 one Should! but... no

1690900571070.png

Latest resources

Back