• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Oasis Fuel Usage

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
So on my next trip, my method will be to turn the AC switch off when breaking camp, and back on after plugging in. It seems to me that this method will work as my AC Heat switch selection up until now has been somewhat random, but I think I always have hot water on arrival. @Neal?

^^^
This is what we do, part of our “tear down” checklist.

The Oasis system works effectively, but like everything else on the RV, provides an opportunity to constantly learn.

When boon docking, the usage seems correct.

When on shore power, the demand of oasis is largely met by ac1/ac2.

Even better, use your heated floors. You will find the diesel is cycled ever 1-2 hours but runs less than 5 minutes. Greatly reduces overall costs.
Learning as I go along! :) I didn't want to run the heatpumps constantly, so I figured I'd give the Oasis a shot and see how it performed. And it performed well, just hasn't been all that cost affective for what I'm trying to do.

I'll try the AC1/AC2 setup for a couple of weeks and see how that works.

I would say floor heat is a great source for heating the interior.
On diesel fuel usage back in 2017 without floor heat I ran the oasis burner for about 3 weeks with temperatures barely getting above freezing I used about 40 gallons. This was a 40’ DS. Just an FYI on usage

Learning as I go along! :) I didn't want to run the heatpumps constantly, so I figured I'd give the Oasis a shot and see how it performed. And it performed well, just hasn't been all that cost affective for what I'm trying to do.

Just to be clear..ac1/2 is the electric element of the oasis, not the heat pumps

I’ll be curious if AC1/2 works for heating your coach. For us it does not put out enough BTUs to heat the interior air, only the water. IIRC, 50,000+ BTUs on the diesel burner vs 5,000 on AC1 and 10,000 on AC2.

But, heated floors will maintain the Coach temp approx 25 degrees above the outside temp if it isn’t too windy.

I’ll be curious if AC1/2 works for heating your coach. For us it does not put out enough BTUs to heat the interior air, only the water. IIRC, 50,000+ BTUs on the diesel burner vs 5,000 on AC1 and 10,000 on AC2.

But, heated floors will maintain the Coach temp approx 25 degrees above the outside temp if it isn’t too windy.
I find that a small electric “cube“ heater in the kitchen area is better for maintaining a comfortable overnight cabin temp because it puts put enough heat and doesnt make near the noise of the Oasis fans, much less that of a heat pump. If I had heated floors I would try that first to enjoy absolutely quiet heat. The slightest noise wakes me up so cycling fans of any kind are a problem for me.

Latest resources

Back