Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved OASIS Saga Part Deux (bad relay)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
For high-amperage connections, I'm going back to "almost old school" with these crimp connectors"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C7J3TDK/?tag=rvf01-20

I have used them before and have the proper ratcheting tool to crimp them. Properly used, they make a very secure connection; electrically and physically. If there's a down side, they are a bit harder to use in tight spaces because of the need to get the crimp tool properly positioned.

TJ

@TJ&LadyDi I have used them a lot, better with the heat shrink/glue to the wire.
I still think the safest is the terminal block - you can get them in up to 20+ connections. After you secure the ring connectors then I would coat the tops of the terminals with non conductive grease. Should be good for the life of ownership.

Twisted wires with wire nuts is a more positive connection than stab in connectors. Personally I'd go back with them.

I'm not sure how a terminal block would work. You have very limited room, if you haven't looked at your OASIS wiring you should and you'll be surprised. You have two sets of separate 120V lines coming in that need to connect to the wires on the OASIS side. There are additional wires for relays involved. Not pretty!

Some people have actually NOT put the wires back in the small hole and instead used a junction box sitting on top of the OASIS unit and that is the best solution IMHO.

I don't have Oasis but I've seen your pictures ;)

Latest resources

Back