Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
More pics
What he said.

It appears you found a way to get your coach washed?
when we got to Tok the other day there was a campground with self service RV wash with soap, brush and power wand. $35 and wash as long as you needed to get it clean.

More picks of the race.
Also, in the 1960’s Whittier was hit by 2 tsunamis caused by an earthquake. The first was 30ft tall, but the second was over 100ft. Wiped out the fuel’s storage facility and catching it on fire.

Attachments

• IMG_3162.jpeg
    IMG_3162.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3160.jpeg
    IMG_3160.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3156.jpeg
    IMG_3156.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3146.jpeg
    IMG_3146.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 21
More picks of the race.
Also, in the 1960’s Whittier was hit by 2 tsunamis caused by an earthquake. The first was 30ft tall, but the second was over 100ft. Wiped out the fuel’s storage facility and catching it on fire.
I’m really glad you went to Alaska this year. It was on my list but the forces of evil conspired against me, again! Traveling vicariously through you….

I’m really glad you went to Alaska this year. It was on my list but the forces of evil conspired against me, again! Traveling vicariously through you….
I'm also enjoying your travels because we're planning it next year.

One thing to consider if you go to Whittier. There is a ferry here that goes to Valdez. It’s about 5 1/2 hrs long and can take vehicles up to 60 ft. It would be something to go on an RV trip and ocean cruise at the same time. Lol
My 38 ft would be about $345, Jeep about $120, 52 per person.
If you consider fuel prices and 2 day travel it’s not a bad price. Pets would have to stay in the RV.

One thing to consider if you go to Whittier. There is a ferry here that goes to Valdez. It’s about 5 1/2 hrs long and can take vehicles up to 60 ft. It would be something to go on an RV trip and ocean cruise at the same time. Lol
My 38 ft would be about $345, Jeep about $120, 52 per person.
If you consider fuel prices and 2 day travel it’s not a bad price. Pets would have to stay in the RV.
We were in Valdez 3 weeks ago on a cruise so I would be more interested in the drive.

We were in Valdez 3 weeks ago on a cruise so I would be more interested in the drive.
You would still get the drive. Using the ferry prevents you from having to backtrack your route to Glennallen if you wanted to go to Whittier and Valdez.

Well guys we’re heading back a bit early. We have a few issues at home that came up and having a few issues with the RV. 1. 92 yr old mother we take care is having issues with the people that are watching her. 2. Gas side of the hot water heater quit working. The 110 side works fine. 3. The main 15k AC quit working. The 10k in the back works.
4. Truck AC quit working yesterday. Without the truck one it’s going to get a bit hot during the day.

we stayed in Tok last night at the Village Cabin and RV. This is one of the nicer ones that has 50amp service.

Safe travels and hope everything works out for family and the coach.

I'm sorry you're having to cut your trip short due to family. Safe travels back home.

Latest resources

Back