Welcome to RVForums.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Onan 400 gas generator

Welcome to our community

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Notsoaverageguy

RVF Regular
Joined
Sep 1, 2026
Messages
9
Location
Sandiego
RV Year
2018
RV Make
Winnebago
RV Model
Intent
RV Length
27
Chassis
F53
Engine
V10
Fulltimer
No
So I have a Onan 400 generator in my older motorhome that I am selling, its in a 1996 fleetwood Jamboree. We have owned it for 7 years and it has been somewhat tempermental. I will explain, besides the yearly cleaning out the carb when you start it up its hit or miss whether it will stay running and does not always put out A/C. So if I go to start it and with my finger on the start button if the Tachometer starts clicking away I know everything is fine and the microwave beeps to life. But if the tach doesnt click away and the microwave doesnt come to life it will quite the second I take my finger off the start button. With my finger on the button it will run as long as I keep it on the start button. Whats up?
 

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom