• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Open roads

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Open Roads /TSD is still our primary fuel discount method. Have Mudflap as a backup option and also used as a price check.

I signed up for Greenland as well to complement my open roads fuel card. I compared fuel prices between the two and at a specific location (Indio,CA) Greenlane was 1-3 cents cheaper than open roads. That may not be true at other locations states etc. It looks promising and It’s nice to have options.

Third or fourth year with Open Roads/ TSD. If you use your coach say only 6 months of the year they started shutting down your account because of inactivity.

This just happened to me. Just picked up my coach from storage. Ran around and went to fill her up. My card came up inactive even though I used it last year from May to November. I called TSD... hey said I have to call Open Roads, they said they have to activate the card but I had to use it within 24 hrs???? I said that,s stupid since I just paid $300 for fuel on my credit card BECAUSE Open Roads was inactive.

Anyway I asked for a new card because my old one was cracked from carrying in my wallet. I have to activate it when it arrives through their website.

My own personal opinion, they don't make it easy to use their card. Have to setup ACH account, deactivates card when not in use for winter months. Sort of a PIA if you ask me. But I am still using them because of the gas discounts.

Usually the big chains like TA, Petro, and Loves accept the card. Smaller stations do not. So you have to check the Open Roads website or app to see if your card plays.

I've used Open Roads pretty much since its inception with no issues. They shut the card down after 6 months of non-use for security purposes. You can call Open Roads while at the pump for them to re-authorize of course if your card is damaged its irrelevant.

It is recommended to have a full fuel tank when storing your motorhome for any extended period. This helps to prevent algae growth in the fuel.

I have used since shortly after the inclusion of RVs in the program. I don’t use the open road app much instead I continue to find fuel stops using the original WEX app.
I agree one major benefit is paying at the pump and when traveling through Canada to Alaska it unlocks card lock stations like PetroCanada although no discount.

I don’t use the open road app much instead I continue to find fuel stops using the original WEX app.
Same here. Using the WEX app I use the “find fuel along a route”. Simply plug in my destination and it gives me the stops along the way and current prices. Works really well for me.

I use it on every trip. I'm curious why you're asking.
Haven’t used it in a while and I see that they had changed some things on the app. It seems as though there were never any fuel stops that would take the card. I guess I just need to get with the program and work harder at it.

Same here. Using the WEX app I use the “find fuel along a route”. Simply plug in my destination and it gives me the stops along the way and current prices. Works really well for me.
What is WEX? I tried looking it up in the apps store and I didn’t see anything that looked like fuel.

It is a card control app which was the original app used prior to open road app.

Since their inception! Have turned dozens onto it!
Silly not to use the TSD Fuel Program, if for nothing else...pay at the pump!
You have ever received $25 credit reference credit from them ? I have referred two people and haven’t seen one.

Latest resources

Back